New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a car which i use coolant and another wherein i don't. ive noticed in the car with the coolant that the engine temp varies with outside temp, at night the meter does not reach the middle area as compared with the one without coolant na palagi nasa gitna, any suggestion? should i start putting coolant in both?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what specific brand of coolant do you guys use? what would be the best there is in the market?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DO NOT INTERCHANGE RED COOLANT WITH GREEN COOLANT.

If you're car uses green, stick with it. If it is red, stick with red. Marami pa din namang brands na pagpipilian among the two types. Just a friendly reminder.

xox,

Too many factors to consider, like thermostat condition, fluid flow in radiator core, etc. You should put coolant because it will extend the life of your waterpump and cooling system in general. Do not judge your cooling system by merely looking at the temperature gauge.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    > i don't think using 100% coolant will cause the engine to take a longer time reaching operating temperature. pure ethylene glycol has a higher boiling point, but that won't mean the engine will take longer to reach the proper temperature (since the operating temp of the engine isn't dictated by the boiling point of the coolant; the engine doesn't reach proper operating temp by boiling the coolant).

i stand corrected and you're right. the engine cooling system has its own temp threshold that activates the circulation of the coolant or water mixture. thanks for the info!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Originally posted by x2pher
    what specific brand of coolant do you guys use? what would be the best there is in the market?
    i use fuchs. ok sya in my opinion

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Almost all the brands function well provided to flush them at the correct intervals. Just make sure you get the right TYPE for your engine.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I think that the the only reason that radiator coolant is colored orange(red) or green is for identification.

After you use your car, the only thing that drips from your car should be water from the aircon (assuming you use your airconditioner). The next fluid that could lead would be oil engine, transmission, which is easy to detect by our sense of sight or touch. Then it would be brake fluid, which has an odor, just like oil. You can tell the difference between oil and brake fluid/water by their color. Water and brake fluid can be identified by the texture of the fluid and the slight pungent smell of brake fluid.

Now if the radiator leaks and its filled with water, you can't tell the difference from the condensed water from your airconditioner. If coolant was not colored and dilluted at 50%/50% or 30%/70% with water, you wouldn't think that your engine cooling system had a problem until you boil over.

The colored liquid/residue that you would find under your car would tell you what sort of fluid was leaking and should give you and off hand indication of where to start looking.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The red coolant has a different formulation from the green one. Ipinaliwanag na ito dati (hindi ko lang mahanap). Interchanging them can lead to disastrous (and possibly expensive) results that is why they are of different colors.

I think both of them are still ethelyne glycol based.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one liter lang ang coolant ko used mainly for it's anti-corrosive properties lang. di naman nag oover heat even sa traffic.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oii.daming reply.. check my radiator lately d pa naman kinalawang gamit ko ngayon is wilkins and yung red coolant since d kelangan ng antifreeze consedering sa climate..normal lang daw mag init ng konti ang sasakyan lalo nasa heavy traffic lalot sa kainitan ng araw.. dami kong natutunan tnx guysss

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Engine Coolant