New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    saan shop meron na ECU programmable? yun stand alone

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Are you sure this is risky you might F**k up the system? pag hindi marunong ang nag baklas at gumawa

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Standalone for what car? Universal, or car specific, like Hondata? Usually, a standalone will cost about 50,000 to 80,000 pesos, depending on the type... and that doesn't include the cost of installation (budget another 5k, just in case) or tuning (5k, 10k, 20k... depends on how many hours and how complicated). Sabi ni Auto_Xer (he's not here often, you can find him at Kotse.com sometimes), last installation nila nito, it took about 8-10 hours for the tuning alone. At 5k per hour, that's a lot of moolah.

I don't know any direct sellers, but most good speedshops can import and install it for you.

Unless you're running 13:1 compression on a car with direct ignition, and are running sick mods like super-lumpy cams and individual throttle bodies, a piggyback will give you nearly the same amount of power, for a much lower price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Universal ECU standalone. apexi power FC. saan shop meron nito? at mag kano kaya?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Don't know. You can try at Emperor or Autoplus and ask if they have it. Like I've said, most tuners will be able to import it for you.

But I'm telling you... unless you're running a racing engine, it's not worth they extra 50,000 or more you're going to spend over an E-Manage or Unichip. Go get a G-Reddy E-manage or a Dastek Unichip (30k, including tuning, at http://www.speedlab.com.ph ) instead. I got a good 5-15 hp throughout the rev range with the Unichip on my car.

Most guys I know are running E-Manage or Unichip on their turbo set-ups. No problem at all. Very few people are running standalone... mostly those doing extreme engine builds on dragsters or racing cars... where they need that extra little "edge" over their competitors.

Spend your money first on a good set-up, intake-headers-exhaust-cams, then add a piggyback onto it. It will be nearly equal in cost to the standalone by itself, and it'll make more power.
    Last edited by niky; February 14th, 2008 at 12:17 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    dude try upgrading first your engine or you might end up blowing it...

ECU programming is tricky you must have skills for that...

pass the stage 1&2 first before tricking you ECU

there are times that not only the engine will be fried but you wiring harness as well

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Btw, nerds... what engine and what mods do you have?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    mga sir my project kasi kami bout sa gps tracking ng kotse. pano yan nilagay nmin don ikakabit ung device sa ecu ng kotse(honda 1998 ed sir ata) tpos my capabilities syang idisable ung makina. so ecu po tlg kami coconnect nito advisable po ba yan? or is there anyway na madisable ung makina ng hnd ka dadaan sa ecu??

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pwede yan sa main relay at ignition switch .

main relay cuts off fuel pump

ignition switch cuts off ignition power to all of the fuel,spark,and ecu.

within minutes na may breach of security the engine will shut off.

pwede mo na rin i super lock yung doorlock systems ,it's your choice

para hindi makalabas yung mga bad guys.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinblank View Post
    mga sir my project kasi kami bout sa gps tracking ng kotse. pano yan nilagay nmin don ikakabit ung device sa ecu ng kotse(honda 1998 ed sir ata) tpos my capabilities syang idisable ung makina. so ecu po tlg kami coconnect nito advisable po ba yan? or is there anyway na madisable ung makina ng hnd ka dadaan sa ecu??
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post in SMS/TXT format when posting in tsikot.com[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
ECU programmable