New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    It may be ok with them until you make a claim for warranty for engine problem, have you?
    nope.
    even today, at almost 100K on the odometer, i still have to look for something to complain about, of my engine.
    what about you, sir? how many engine complaints have you heard of, occuring within the 3 year warranty period?

if one is comfortable and familiar with car workings, one can more easily "gamble" with it (i.e., pms). if one knows nothing about his car, he would probably be scared stiff going even just a little beyond what the manual says..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 26th, 2015 at 01:15 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    And where would that be?

baka naman "special arrangement" / VIP ka dyan.

ordinary juan lang tayo bro.

no choice, ending is follow the 6 month rule
    toyota otis. and i'm as ordinary as they come..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    malimali.. sori.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 26th, 2015 at 01:13 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    nung 1st yr ng ownership ng sasakyan namen, every 3 months ang PMS namen nun, kaso yung mga mechanic na nagsabi dun na gawin na lang every 6 months, sobrang bihira lang naman daw kasi yung sasakyan, around 250-300 kms lang tinatakbo ng oto namen per month at bihira pa magamit. ngayong tapos na warranty every 6 months pa rin regardless kung ilan tinakbo. btw FS ang gamit na oil.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kimot View Post
    nung 1st yr ng ownership ng sasakyan namen, every 3 months ang PMS namen nun, kaso yung mga mechanic na nagsabi dun na gawin na lang every 6 months, sobrang bihira lang naman daw kasi yung sasakyan, around 250-300 kms lang tinatakbo ng oto namen per month at bihira pa magamit. ngayong tapos na warranty every 6 months pa rin regardless kung ilan tinakbo. btw FS ang gamit na oil.
    wow! i might be interested in that car, when you decide to sell it..
    errr.. what's the make and model?
    heh heh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kimot View Post
    wow! i might be interested in that car, when you decide to sell it..
    errr.. what's the make and model?
    heh heh.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Bro dr. d, ganyan din kasi ang isang honda dealership sa akin, lampas na 6 months, tinatawagan ako para magpa pms, sabi ok lang daw. The thing is, unsatisfactory ang trabaho nila sa unit ko, as in, may naiiwan na tools/shop materials sa engine compartment at loob ng car. And worst naiwan nila yung LH cowl sa ibabaw ng bandang radiator buti na lang naipit ng bonnet at di nalaglag, nakita ko na lang ng maglinis ako ng engine bay sa bahay. May instance pa na nag-inquire ako ng palinis ng headlight sabi sakin punta na lang ako diretso dun, pagdating ko dun sabi sakin kailangan ko magpa sked

So pano na kung may warranty claim ako at wala sa ayos ang PMS sked ko, should I expect them to defend my case with HCP?

So baka may magtanong, bakit di ako pumunta sa ibang Honda branches? Yung isang malapit sa akin (famous ito dito at may sarili pang thread), 1st 1k kms PMS, pinalitan oil ko kahit na sabi sa manual no need to change oil. Worst, they charged me for both mineral and FS oil, 4 liters pa!

So maniniwala ba ako na pwede lumampas sa PMS sked at i-honor pa nila warranty kung may claim?

Buti na lang reliable ang Honda at never ako nagka problem about factory defects. Testament to this is my unit na hindi dumaan ng casa PMS after that 1st 1K change oil experience ko. Still reliable after 12 years.

Meron dito bagong thread.. Beware of H.... C...., billing problem naman hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    nope.
    even today, at almost 100K on the odometer, i still have to look for something to complain about, of my engine.
    what about you, sir? how many engine complaints have you heard of, occuring within the 3 year warranty period?

if one is comfortable and familiar with car workings, one can more easily "gamble" with it (i.e., pms). if one knows nothing about his car, he would probably be scared stiff going even just a little beyond what the manual says..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    ako every 6mos ang palit ng langis eh, d ko naman naabot ang 5000 kms.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Do we really have to change oil every 6 months for low mileage cars?

The subject asks about oil change interval and not PMS. Oil change is just part of PMS. During PMS, pwede mo isabay ang oil change or hindi.

So to answer the question, do we really have to change oil every 6 months for low mileage car? The answer is NO.

Pwede mo extend yan depende sa current condition ng oil mo. Pero ang recommended is to change oil every 12 months. Kung gusto mong extend ng more than 12 months, it is up to you.

About PMS and warranty issues, you need follow the regulation of your casa. So if sabi ng casa you need to change oil every 6 months or every PMS (whatever duration it is), then you are forced to follow it. If you do not agree, then you talk to your casa and defend your case.

Do we really have to change oil every 6 months for low mileage cars?

The subject asks about oil change interval and not PMS. Oil change is just part of PMS. During PMS, pwede mo isabay ang oil change or hindi.

So to answer the question, do we really have to change oil every 6 months for low mileage car? The answer is NO.

Pwede mo extend yan depende sa current condition ng oil mo. Pero ang recommended is to change oil every 12 months. Kung gusto mong extend ng more than 12 months, it is up to you.

About PMS and warranty issues, you need follow the regulation of your casa. So if sabi ng casa you need to change oil every 6 months or every PMS (whatever duration it is), then you are forced to follow it. If you do not agree, then you talk to your casa and defend your case.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin naman, hindi na pinagtatalunan yan. mas mura ang cost of oil kesa sa cost of having your engine repaired....
    if you can buy a brand new car, brand new phones or even expensive gadgets, why scrimp sa oil change?
    napaso na ako..... nasiraan na ako ng makina....

i do change oil every 5k kms..... daily driven car, using semi-synth oil.

sa akin naman, hindi na pinagtatalunan yan. mas mura ang cost of oil kesa sa cost of having your engine repaired....
    if you can buy a brand new car, brand new phones or even expensive gadgets, why scrimp sa oil change?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

Correct, kung may pambili ng brand new car, bakit walang pang-change oil? Dapat kasama na yan sa computation nila before purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

Correct, kung may pambili ng brand new car, bakit walang pang-change oil? Dapat kasama na yan sa computation nila before purchase.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast