New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Help mga sir. may time kase na kapag on ko ung AC biglang baba ung RPm idle nya 400-500 tapos pag umaandar na ganun padin pag mgbrake ako biglang baba rpm malapit na mamatayan ng makina. Ano po ba ang problem nito? Nadala ko na sa casa na overhaul na AAC valve, Maf sensor narewired na din, after a week biglang nagloloko nanaman, napansin ko din pag mainit na yung makina tapos pagpinatay ko and start ko na uli with AC on dun magloloko ung idle. tagal ko ng problem to, bago ko ibalik sa casa ulit ask lang po ako ng advise. Basta pag AC on lang Siya nagkakaproblema Parang walang power yung engine, pag off ok naman ung idle 700-800) na adjust nadin pala ung normal idle ganun padin biglang bumababa pag AC ON. Pahelp po..T_T

(my time din na nangyari sakin biglang ayaw magstart tapos wait ko pa ng mga 30 minutes para magstart ulit, and yung speedometer ko din hindi accurate minsan, mga 40kph palang ako yung speedometer ko nasa 80kph na)

my ride is nissan exalta 2000 sta matic.
    pasensya na po newbie lang dito hindi ko alam san magpopost

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    up... Help po sa may mga alam.... T_T

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    The idle solenoid seems to have failed. This keeps the RPM up while there is load on the engine at idle. Have the car scanned for codes to be sure or it could be an electical power drain, the A/C is drawing more power than the car can provide. It could be that your Generator is not working as it should, or the A/C is faulty. Check them all out.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the reply, i already brought it to nissan quezon avenue about a month ago and they did an aac overhaul but still after a week my idle drops again, Is it possible that it is my alternator? nung pinacheck ko din sa AC expert sabi servo daw yung problem wala sa aircon. ngayon I'm thinking saan ko pwede ipacheck lahat ng sinsabi mo, nagdadalawang isip nako sa casa eh, I don't even know if na overhaul ba talaga nila ung aac valve. Napansin ko din na kapag mainit na ung engine saka magloloko, i mean, kapag nakapag drive nako for about one hour or pagmainit na engine tapos pagpinatay na makina then inistart uli parang walang power pero normal ung idle 700-800 tapos paginopen ung aircon biglang mag drop na ung idle 400-500. but if walang aircon ok naman idle nya. my alam ba kayong magandang shop at magaling? matagal ko ng problem to eh. TIA..

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Oh boy, your car is much more serious than I thought.
    Head gaskets are there too make an air tight seal and keep the compression you build inside the piston chamber. If there is a leak in the gasket you will loose compression and overall power. So if you feel you are lossing power then you probably have a bad head gasket. Not always the case though. A compression test should be the easiest way to find out if your head gasket is bad or not. You have to get the piston to the bottom dead center and the proceed to have it go to TDC (top dead center) to get an accurate reading.

Try answer Y or N:
    Was A/C working properly? Is it blowing cold air, no clunkly noise on the compresor other than engine died out when turn on the A/C?

Is this happened when you were at idle only?

Is this happened when you were at rate speed(driving)?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    nissan already replace the head gasket, and i think it's not the head gasket but if you prefer to test it,how will i test it?...

Yes A/C is working properly, its blowing cold air, There was no clunky noise, engine wouldnt die it only reaches up to 500-300 but when its about to die i press the gas pedal together with the brake, so i use my two feet to have thenormal rpm.

no, When i Shift to drive it actualy goes down 500-400rpm.

When im driving and pressing on the gas pedal my rpm is good but while im about to stop specially in traffic and stoplights and pressing the brake, the rpm will eventually drop again to 500-400 like the engine stalls. It's like when ac on the normal idle is 400-500 but the real normal idle of my car would be 750-900 right??
    what seems to be the problem? i think this happens only when my engine is already warm and i started it again, the rpm would drop to 400-500 , but when in cold start my idle is normal when ac on.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    This is exactly what my problem before, then pinalitan lang ang mga ito. Cost including labor nasa 500 lang sa mga Aircon shop. Hope it helps.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ano po tawag jan?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ano po tawag jan? and saan banda nakalocate yan??

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sakit ng exalta yan. posted the same thread topic years before for my gf's exalta... di alam ng casa gagawin dyan. my gf' brought it to speedyfix for diagnostics... they found an errant sensor. guys from speedyfix recommended a shop at banawe. that solved the problem. can't rememeber what shop it was years ago na. maybe you want to try bringing it to a shop who can read diganostics for you first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
sometimes When AC on Bumbaba rpm/idle (400-500) ang normal idle 800 when ac on