New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Owner's manual or warranty guide will instruct users to have their PMS at a recommended mileage or a fixed period, whichever comes first. Some people have two or more vehicles where one gets more mileage and use compared to the others. The less used car will reach 6 months before even hitting the target mileage.

I understand the need to have a general check-up for the vehicle every six months but do I really need to change oil as well, especially when I'm using fully synthetics and heavy duty oil filters (i.e. baldwin, fleetguard, donaldson, etc.)?

It seems to me the advancements in oil technology, like making it last for 10k km to 20k km (e.g. Mobil delvac 1) is defeated by the recommended oil change "period".

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post
    Owner's manual or warranty guide will instruct users to have their PMS at a recommended mileage or a fixed period, whichever comes first. Some people have two or more vehicles where one gets more mileage and use compared to the others. The less used car will reach 6 months before even hitting the target mileage.

I understand the need to have a general check-up for the vehicle every six months but do I really need to change oil as well, especially when I'm using fully synthetics and heavy duty oil filters (i.e. baldwin, fleetguard, donaldson, etc.)?

It seems to me the advancements in oil technology, like making it last for 10k km to 20k km (e.g. Mobil delvac 1) is defeated by the recommended oil change "period".
    i follow the 5000K policy, and not the 6 mo. policy.
    it's cheaper.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fireice2 View Post

i follow the 5000K policy, and not the 6 mo. policy.
    it's cheaper.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    some manufacturers call for 7.5k to 15k kms or 6 months for oil change intervals.

[QUOTE=dr. d;2510640]i follow the 5000K policy, and not the 6 mo. policy.
    it's cheaper.

some manufacturers call for 7.5k to 15k kms or 6 months for oil change intervals.

[QUOTE=dr. d;2510640]i follow the 5000K policy, and not the 6 mo. policy.
    it's cheaper.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Trailblazer requires every 10,000 kms, except the first which came at 5,000 kms after delivery.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    5000 kms for me. It takes me more or less one year to reach 5000 kms.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For me, 5,000Km or one year,- whichever comes first...

(Malimit, one year... )

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.0K:poop:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Less than 3,000 km per year lang ang mileage ko for gas-fed car. I change oil every 12 months using Semi- or Fully Synthetic oil man, does not matter.

Less than 3,000 km per year lang ang mileage ko for gas-fed car. I change oil every 12 months using Semi- or Fully Synthetic oil man, does not matter.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    We follow the mileage. Have a 3rd gen Honda whose first change oil at 10T kms was done after 5 years with 12T kms on the clock.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    10,000 km for my GS and sorento on fully synthetic oil. sometimes its 1 year, sometimes more than 1 year.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Eh ano ba talaga? will they drop your warranty if hindi mo sundin?

i have a new car at ang sabi ni honda 10k KMs or 6 months which ever comes first.

twice a year PMS only! sabi ng honda

malabo ako maka 10k KMS by june. Ang ending ipasok ko pa din dahil 6 months na.

if i follow by mileage will they take it against me if i will claim for warranty?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast