New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Guys, help naman po...

Okay lang ba DIY na lang fuel filter replacement? May I ask how it is done? My car is 90 corolla gl. Naka-carb. Tingin ko kasi it's supposed to be a simple procedure. Kaya lang mahirap mangahas at baka kung ano ang magalaw ko. Newbie pa rin lang kasi ako pagdating sa car maintenance. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    loosen the filter mounts. loosen the clamps on both filter hose, pull out the hose on both ends. do the same with the new filter in reverse taking note of the in/out arrow configuration. there will be a little fuel spill so do this on a cold engine. do not smoke or work near flamable materials.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks for the immediate reply mr afrasay... simple nga lang pala.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    safety first, remember you are working with a flamable liquid.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Add ko lang, before doing any thing, remove your gas tank cover. This is to relive any pressure in your fuel system. And keep yur tools away from the battery.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks po... I did the replacement kanina and wala naman naging problem.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    since we're on the fuel filter replacement subject. paano naman yung metal fuel fileter ng sa lancer pizza? is it as simple as the regular fuel filters of carb engines?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Metal fuel filter, halos pareho lang sa reg plastic filter. Pero high pressure yan. So you have to relive the pressure 1st otherwise spray ang fuel. Locate and remove the fuse for your fuel pump to relieve the pressure. Before pulling the hoses, wrap them in rags to catch any spills.

Eto detailed instructons. http://autorepair.about.com/od/regul...uel_filter.htm

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    actually you can relieve the pressure by opening the gas cap din.

harder for metal filters kasi you need tools pa. the size normally depends on the car.

DIY ng fuel filter replacement