New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have tried it recently on my car - hi mileage na kasi so I have seen a lot of the change oil practices the mechanics are doing .

Bought the oil and filter from the auto supply,
    jacked up the car higher than usual,
    took out the front right wheel,
    took out the plastic plate/cowling on the axle for easy reach of the oil filter
    had an oil filter wrench with me, but when I was removing it kaya naman pala manually taking out with the torque of my hand
    Let the oil drip completely - about 10-15 mins
    Replace with new filter, refill with oil.

Took me about 35-40 mins with little sweat and some grease in my hands but it was good exercise. Would save you 100-150 on labor also.

I think I'll be doing that exercise from now on.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    choycontreras,

Yup, ok talaga DIY oil change. Sayang busy na ko masyado lately for it. Kelangan pa ba i-jack? Never go under a vehicle supported by a jack alone. Delikado yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another DiY baby!

safety dapat ang first concern natin
    jack up the car the put permanent jacks
    (sold in hardwares)

ako naka jacj din kasi para naka angle yung car
    para simot yung lumang oil

let it stand overnight then next morning dun mo
    put new filter and refill ang oil

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako i really don't jack the car. i just go under it. nakakatakot eh. and instead of having it drained by 15 to 30 minutes, i usually had it drained for about an hour.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    teka, san nyo naman dinidispose yung langis?8Oteka, san nyo naman dinidispose yung langis?8Oteka, san nyo naman dinidispose yung langis?8O

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    theveed, ako binibigay ko sa gas station na malapit sa min.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Used oil Im keeping it sa isang container pinag sa sama sama ko anyway I normally used fully synthetic oil... Guys you can used it for some other purposes later lalo na if you're building a new house.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    used oil?
    donate nyo sa pinakamalapit na gas station or ipunin nyo...meron bumibili ng used oil...we sell our used oil for Php 700/drum then we give the proceeds sa aming lubemen(incentive)...ginagamit daw itong "panggatong" ng mga bumibili...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako binibigay ko din dun sa malapit na gas station namin. Nirerecycle DAW kasi yun at ginagawang 2T oil ng mga tricycle.

DIY din ako. Jack the car opposite side nung oil drain tapos let it drip overnight ang put new oil next day.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Inggat lang po sa DIY oil change.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
DIY change oil