New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They'll help, won't be thorough, & would risk fouling plugs. If you want the proper intake cleaning....walnut blasting is the way to go. You'll need make/model specific blasting equipment & adapters.

I highly doubt shops offer walnut blasting in the Philippines, especially here in Mindanao.
    Parang wala pa ata masyadong awareness ang mga tao sa ganitong issue ng mga DI engines dito sa Pinas as evidenced by the lack of discussion in forums and solutions offered by shops. Frankly, it is quite worrying since many cars now are using gasoline DI...

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ah yes driving 5000rpm for an extended period.. but how for long? maybe get a USB boroscope? see how it looks before and after?
    Would like to but I’m afraid I don’t have the best of knowledge and expertise on how to test it. Sana yung topgear or other motor journalists mag experiment ng ganun.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I highly doubt shops offer walnut blasting in the Philippines, especially here in Mindanao.
    Parang wala pa ata masyadong awareness ang mga tao sa ganitong issue ng mga DI engines dito sa Pinas as evidenced by the lack of discussion in forums and solutions offered by shops. Frankly, it is quite worrying since many cars now are using gasoline DI...
    It's part of the service menu of a known tuner, sir. Equipments, all from the US. The market may still be in its infancy. This service will be more appreciated when current DI engines age & start seeing build-up issues. Another planned service will be for diesel engines w/ DPF. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    It's part of the service menu of a known tuner, sir. Equipments, all from the US. The market may still be in its infancy. This service will be more appreciated when current DI engines age & start seeing build-up issues. Another planned service will be for diesel engines w/ DPF. Stay tuned.

Maybe and hopefully shops would offer cleaning intake valves soon. But it might be an expensive service since its quite new.

That’s why I think there should be some sort of maintenance to prevent or slow down the carbon deposits like spraying intake valve cleaners but as you said, not the safest method..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Maybe and hopefully shops would offer cleaning intake valves soon. But it might be an expensive service since its quite new.

That’s why I think there should be some sort of maintenance to prevent or slow down the carbon deposits like spraying intake valve cleaners but as you said, not the safest method..
    Installing an Oil Catch Can may help. It just adds 1 more item to monitor & do periodic DIY draining.
    The walnut procedure is pretty involved & is preferably professionally done. It totally reverses the effects of build-up. In Europe & the US, you'll see it a standard service premium badge dealerships offer for their DI engines.

5. Join Date
    May 2006

Waiting for that. Who is the tuner?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Waiting for that. Who is the tuner?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    They're currently in discussions w/ certain marks. Let's await their word on service's official introduction.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    So I’ve been looking for potential issues to look for the ecoboost engine and I stumbled upon this video.

What You Should Know before Buying 2015 Ford Fusion "Common Problems" - YouTube

It seems the cam follower for the high pressure fuel pump can be destroyed and would cause damage to the camshaft.

And upon further research, it seems VW also has a similar problem too.

*CAUTION* Volkswagen Audi 2.0 FSI Cam Follower! - YouTube

The solution is to replace the cam follower after some time,... it is not that expensive. This might be applicable to other cars with direct injection engines so better check yours...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12