New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If your routine is to drive out of Greater Metro Manila once every week or so, driving a Diesel equipped with a DPF would be ideal. Otherwise, your operating expenses becomes higher if you have to drive north or south JUST to clean the DPF. Specifically, it negates any savings you get from driving a Diesel in the first place. That said, I am not discounting the fact that you are reducing your emissions if you drive a DPF-equipped Diesel. It's just going to cost you a bit more, depending on the circumstances.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hindi ba puwedeng idisable nalang sa ECU yang dpf

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    This! I doubt NLEX is any better to do it (sustain 100kph for 1 hour).
    Because I live far from both NLEX and SLEX, I try to do fast runs on nearby roads that have relatively light traffic. Problem is there is never enough road and too many tourist drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If your routine is to drive out of Greater Metro Manila once every week or so, driving a Diesel equipped with a DPF would be ideal. Otherwise, your operating expenses becomes higher if you have to drive north or south JUST to clean the DPF. Specifically, it negates any savings you get from driving a Diesel in the first place. That said, I am not discounting the fact that you are reducing your emissions if you drive a DPF-equipped Diesel. It's just going to cost you a bit more, depending on the circumstances.
    That's the problem with Korean diesels. Even Euro 4 and lower have DPFs. The problem is magnified with the Euro 5 & 6 models that gray market importers are bringing in.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    I regen my dpf at naiax, running 60kph. As long as regen starts, even when you stop, it will still do the cleaning until it finishes.

You may see it via torque pro, catalyst temp reaches 400c.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlee View Post
    You sure you have DPF in your ride, sir? I'm assuming you do have DPF in your Sta. Fe, and you're telling us that in the 12 years you've owned it, DPF's still A-ok. No problems whatsoever? That's good to hear.
    di ko nga alam kung may DPF, pero my SF is behaving like one, parang Hirap umarangkada as compared to say my family's new Starex, it's not as preppy, eh kasi nga low mileage SF ko 50K pa lang natakbo for 12 years, tacos average of 20km a day lang, tacos twice a week ko lang gamit.

one thing I noticed pag fi-nloor ko, nag-aadjust naman biglang naging preppy, then after 2 days of no use, ganun na naman. pigil. pero konting hataw, ok na smooth na.

I'm thinking it needs EGR cleaning. pero sometime 2009, familiar na ako sa term na DPF eh coz mga Hyundai sa Pilipinas talaga daw noon may DPF na.

maybe that's why I don't recommend Hyundai anymore for Philippine use kasi sobra Selan ng engine, pang Europe talaga.

eh ano naman gagawin ko pupunta ako ng NLEX or SLEX parang lang I-Italian tune up, I have no time for that. I would rather spend my time earning more money so that I can purchase new diesel car every 5 years.

gasoline is not an option for me anymore eh kasi kite mo naman ang P2k ko sa MUX and P 2K ko sa Santa Fe, it lasts 2 and half months na for my daily commute. you can't have that in gasoline, never in this Manila traffic.

---

ang kawawa talaga yun mga bumbile ng Montero or Fortuner ngaun na walang alam kahit ano sa Diesel Engine. Yari talaga sila kasi hinde lang DPF ang dapat problemahin, turbo is one, and then EGR and then Injectors , tapos pag crossover diesel ka pa, problema sigurado ang cooling fans in the long run.

eh eto na lang, pupunta ka nga sa NLEX or SLEX pag Italian tune-up, pero wala ka naman alam sa suspension, basa g na pala bushings or stab links, or tie rods, tapes gulong pudpod sa isang side, aksidente lang aabutin mo dun sa expressway kung walang alam. eh di mas magustos pa, na-ospital ka pa, milyun na din kumobra mga duktor ngaun sa professional fee para makabile din sila ng Fort or Monty

dapat holistic ang approach. but how can one do that kung ang alam ng mayari ay gumamit. diba kaya may SUA Montero, dami mayari akala nila bumile lang sila ng CRV

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede mo naman birahin na lang after properly warmed up ang engine. Say papauwi ka na sa bahay mo after 30 minutes of stop and go traffic, tapos dun sa last stop light before your home maghamon ka ng karera. Lalamon ng gray soot yung mga sasakyan sa likod mo pag floor mo ng accelerator.

I easily do my dpf maintenance kasi we have mass at manaoag every 4 months and mass at pink sisters tagaytay every month tuloy dala ng gifts sa little souls. 120 kph is very doable at slex and nlex basta marunong ka humanap ng butas sa daan. Pero kung lagi ka sa isang lane lang at nakabuntot ka sa mabagal di nga pwede.
    Last edited by yebo; May 31st, 2019 at 02:36 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jigeloh View Post
    Hindi ba puwedeng idisable nalang sa ECU yang dpf

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk
    You mean remove the dpf then disable in ecu? Bad for the health of your kids.

Do you remember the time when gasoline and diesel sold in the philippines was anything cheap? No euro 1, 2, 3, 4, 5? And have you been on a plane about to land at 4 in the afternoon and looked out the window? You could not even clearly see the makati skyline due to the smog. There was this black cloud hovering over the whole metro. Now it's clearer. Not totally gone but a lot better. Nung araw kahit naka-aircon ka ang itim ng kulangot mo sa umaga. Ngayon white na.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Long story short, as long as you can do a sustained run of 100-120KpH for about 1 hour each way at least every 2 to 3 weeks, you should be good, correct?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    grabe ang dami boladas pag desel talaga.

Tapos paparahin lang kayo ni ASBU MMDA.

Bayad pa tollgate.

Kaya may dahilan bakit pinas at india lang madesel.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    grabe ang dami boladas pag desel talaga.

Tapos paparahin lang kayo ni ASBU MMDA.

Bayad pa tollgate.

Kaya may dahilan bakit pinas at india lang madesel.
    Please try turning OB, kags sir.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Diesel Particulate Filter Maintenance