New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 186 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by elijahpaul View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/losangeleslakers/o-rly-putin.jpg

WOW elijah_putin, didn't know you have such a great sense of humour.... lemme tickle my armpit just a bit

You'd be better off helping yourself by talking over the 2T oil Greek mythology to my 315,000 km diesel hehehehe

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Because your engine has 315,000 km proves what, Does it run smoother? does it start better? does it smoke less? are the emissions lower? does it physically shake less? Has it ever had the injection pump repaired? if you disassemble it would the pump have less wear than one that uses 2T? Were all your km done on LSD, or ULSD?

I rather have a 315,000 km engine running at peak performance than one that is not.

This is not run your car on water science, It's not a myth its simple fact. I'm not sure what you don't get about the need for lubrication in older diesel injection pumps unless you just like to argue for the sake of argument?

Even Bosch and Zextel says the same thing about LSD and ULSD for their injection pumps but I guess that's not good enough information for some people, it causes pre-mature wear on components designed to run on greater than that. 315,000KM is nothing in milelage, when you have 1 million miles or 2 million miles on it like older big rigs around the world which do add this to there fuel then that would actually be impressive. Since I do side work at these places due to my own business I know this as a fact not a Greek myth as you state.

Your not going to convince anyone here who is currently running it to stop using it because you call it a myth. Are you saying that all the changes in the motor are all in their heads or they are lying? it's got to be one or the other can't be both ways.

If you can provide some evidence such as what i have of why it's now a Greek myth please do, other than the km on your vehicle.

Like a actual study that shows why it's not effective.

http://www.infineum.com/Documents/Fu...09-01-0848.pdf
    http://www.arb.ca.gov/fuels/gasoline...22003bosch.pdf
    http://ddr.nal.usda.gov/bitstream/10...ND43921499.pdf

Low sulfur diesel does not burn as well, resulting in more soot in the oil. ... Less lubricity means more wear to the top cylinder area and fuel delivery system I'm not sure what is not clear about this FACT not Greek myth?

Fact not Greek myth. The hydro-treating process used to remove sulfur also removes natural corrosion inhibitors in diesel fuel. This causes the fuel to become corrosive.

Fact not Greek myth. the removal of sulfur causes the fuel to become very dry. This results in up to 5 times more scuffing wear in fuel injection systems.

Worn Injection Systems Result In Poor Fuel Economy, Excessive Emissions, Equipment Down Time and Engine Repair Cost who wants that?

Adding 2T, Reduces Cylinder Wear, Retains Engine Oil TBN Longer With high rates of exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) in modern diesel engines, acids from combustion are of particular concern with the LSD and ULSD

There's a reason biodiesel is now popular it's because it add that lubrication back the diesel fuel, and is why your engine will run smoother with it.

If you have a case against the benefits of adding 2T oil to your diesel fuel , you will have to apply that logic to the additional lubrication of biodiesel as well and the reasons it should not be used.

If they due introduce ULSD nation wide it will do it's second mission and that is to eliminate all the older dirtier burning diesel vehicles. because at 15ppm injection pumps will start to fail left and right there unless they are running biodiesel or adding 2T to their oil. And that's a fact!

Lets see those Facts.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Here's my best explanation.

The less-processed diesel fuels of the past were good boundary lubricants. This was not caused by the hydrocarbons that constitute the bulk of the fuel, but was attributed to trace amounts of oxygen- and nitrogen-containing compounds and certain classes of aromatic compounds.

Lubricity enhancing compounds are naturally present in diesel fuel derived from petroleum crude by distillation. They can be altered or changed by hydrotreating, the process used to reduce sulfur and aromatic contents. The use of fuels with poor lubricity can increase fuel pump and injector wear and, at the extreme, cause catastrophic failure.

Why is is it less lubricating?

The hydro-treatment removes the fuel's sulfur as well as other componets. The treatment removes nitrogen compounds, polar materials, bicyclic aromatic, polycyclic aromatics, and oxygen compounds. While the removal of the sulfur has shown no detrimental effects on the engine, the removal of the other coumpounds have lowered the lubricity of the fuel. As a result of the lower lubricity, the fuel is less tolerant of contamination by water and dirt. The lower fuel lubricity can be seen as abrasive wear of fuel components. Fuels that have a low lubricity may not provide adequate lubrication especially to plungers, to barrels and to injectors in your fuel system.

Inadequate lubricity is not the only cause of wear in diesel engine fuel systems. Diesel fuel can cause abrasive wear of the fuel system and the piston rings if it is contaminated with abrasive inorganic particles. Fuel injectors and fuel injection pumps are particularly susceptible to wear because the high liquid pressures they generate require extremely close tolerances between parts moving relative to one another.

By the way the test results posted were from HFRR (high frequency reciprocating rig) at the Southwest Research Laboratory.

The sulphur level which is currently 500 ppm for Euro II in Philippines are just high enough now that the older diesels still run decent on them but not great. And why it only takes a little 2T to get them smoothed out. Shell V-Power Diesel and Petron Turbo Diesel, are Euro II for example.

CRDi (common rail direct injection) turbo diesel engines are in the market today can run Euro III- (less than 350 ppm sulfur) or even better, Euro IV-compliant in some of the higher end turbo diesel ie, BMW, and Benz. Your will not see Euro III, in the Philippines anytime soon because the economic damage will be to great due to the amount of older diesels still in service and running on the road.

Don't think I can explain it any better than this for using 2T in older diesels. Normally I don't like getting overly Techy but some people can't take fact to well. Especially engineers

I also get better fuel economy even off the LPG and water injection using the 2T oil. Here's a nice little test down by Diesel power Magazine, I'm pretty sure they know their stuff.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/tech/f...t/viewall.html

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    *doc is one of the engineers named dagol ?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    *doc is one of the engineers named dagol ?
    Baka mag-kamag-anak nga sila.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    ....And that's a fact

WOW, you're a genious dvldoc!
    Do i make you feel better now? ....Is that what you wanna hear?

Like i said, you'd be better off telling that 2T Greek mythology over-and-over again to my 315,000 km diesels

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    *RT di naman siguro baka nagkataon lang mas maangas yung nasa kabilang thread ni doc personalan kung tumira

added shell 2T sx2 with decarbonizer from our <10k mileage innova no obvious change in NVH since 20min pa lang natatakbo hehehe hope to adding 2T will bring the innova NVH from day1 chac.... i observed that it gets little bit nosier after break-in period...as i was really observant on the car, when i learned the D4D woes here in tsikot, unfortunately after we the bought the car

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Just stop feeding the troll or talk to his 315,000km diesel. Guy is best left ignored

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011

[SIZE=3]SORRY guys (dvldoc, 12vdc, elijah_paul, MrQ5, and the rest), was just messing BUT honestly no ill intentions whatsoever.

By all means you have all the right, of course, to discuss anything beneficial for the betterment of the diesel engines.

Kindest regards.[/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Ignore the troll guys, probably a reincarnation of Old Blue.

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel