New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimchijiji View Post
    Pwede ba na kahit nagkarga ako ng 5liters diesel sa 1/4 tank, eh wala akong mararamdaman? Posible ba yun?
    Hindi. You would've felt it immediately.

Again, Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is that you were loaded with gasoline, but with a black nozzle jacket. Which is why there is no detrimental effect to your car.

In my years of petroleum experience, gas boys rarely misfill sedans because they assume they're gas-fed by default.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Hindi. You would've felt it immediately.

Again, Occam's Razor. The simplest explanation is that you were loaded with gasoline, but with a black nozzle jacket. Which is why there is no detrimental effect to your car.

In my years of petroleum experience, gas boys rarely misfill sedans because they assume they're gas-fed by default.

If i would felt it immediately, matagal ba ung effect? Or like pde 5seconds ln or maybe 10 and thats it? Btw my car is mazda3 hb not a sedan

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If i would felt it immediately, matagal ba ung effect? Or like pde 5seconds ln or maybe 10 and thats it? Btw my car is mazda3 hb not a sedan
    Doesn't matter if it's a hatch or sedan, it's not an SUV/MPV/van so it's unlikely that they will mistake it for a diesel.

You would feel it immediately and the effect will linger until you flush out your fuel and clean your fuel lines.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Doesn't matter if it's a hatch or sedan, it's not an SUV/MPV/van so it's unlikely that they will mistake it for a diesel.

You would feel it immediately and the effect will linger until you flush out your fuel and clean your fuel lines.

Ohhh so its unlikely na nalgyan nga ako ng diesel. Ung nahrpan ako nung night na un cguro dahil sa heavy rain. And that morning wla nmn nako naramdaman until today. So if i really have put diesel pn my car, dpat nag iistall padin sya ngayon am i right?

Pero what if dahil 150 lng pinagas ko, they might think na diesel ipalagay ko kasi dahil sa urban myth "konting diesel helps a petrol engine"

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ohhh so its unlikely na nalgyan nga ako ng diesel. Ung nahrpan ako nung night na un cguro dahil sa heavy rain. And that morning wla nmn nako naramdaman until today. So if i really have put diesel pn my car, dpat nag iistall padin sya ngayon am i right?
    Yes.

Pero what if dahil 150 lng pinagas ko, they might think na diesel ipalagay ko kasi dahil sa urban myth "konting diesel helps a petrol engine"
    No. None of my gas boys have ever assumed that.

In fact, it isn't even a widespread myth (and it's an erroneous one at that).

There are only 2 real things you can do - 1) accept that you weren't misfilled and carry on with your life, or 2) drain your fuel now if you're so sure you have diesel in your tank.

Worrying endlessly on the forums despite everyone saying it's a long shot that you got misfilled isn't really a productive option. But hey, if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Yes.

No. None of my gas boys have ever assumed that.

In fact, it isn't even a widespread myth (and it's an erroneous one at that).

There are only 2 real things you can do - 1) accept that you weren't misfilled and carry on with your life, or 2) drain your fuel now if you're so sure you have diesel in your tank.

Worrying endlessly on the forums despite everyone saying it's a long shot that you got misfilled isn't really a productive option. But hey, if it makes you feel better, go ahead.

Thanks for replying and helping me alot. Maybe i really did not have put diesel on it. modern cars should be more sensitive to misfuel and the fact that i did not notice anything different must be i did put on unleaded

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Use FLYING V's diesel. Very economical and good for engine. Just using this petrol brand for almost 6 years and still my Mitsubishi lancer 2011 is in good shape.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    To be sure, may mga shops ba na pdeng icheck(not drain) pra makita kng contaminated nga ung fuel?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Makulit si kimchi. Sinabi nang hindi yan nagkamali, eto naman so lemwellc panay ang ads sa flying V. Kada post puro flying V sinasabi

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    drain mo nalang tank mo para magka peace of mind ka...
    pero most probably hindi nakargahan ng diesel oto mo.