New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 43 of 235 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks sir DD..

How about blocking off the EGR. What consequence I'm facing if I do it and what are the benifits I can get after doing it.. I'm just thingking when I block the EGR there will be no hot air (Coming from the exhaust) will go to my intake so the denser the air the more power I can squeeze from the Engine?

Please enlightened me if my thingking is wrong.

Thanks again

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I see, Thanks DD!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by batosai View Post
    Thanks sir DD..

How about blocking off the EGR. What consequence I'm facing if I do it and what are the benifits I can get after doing it.. I'm just thingking when I block the EGR there will be no hot air (Coming from the exhaust) will go to my intake so the denser the air the more power I can squeeze from the Engine?

Please enlightened me if my thingking is wrong.

Thanks again
    Emissions at idle will suffer if EGR is blocked off.

Fyi, EGR is open during idle and low part load conditions only, and is fully closed when the engine is loaded. Closing it will not offer any advantage.

If EGR is stuck open, it will continuously bypass exhaust gas to the engine's intake system at all driving conditions. Some people just block it off as this is the easier way. It is better to properly repair the fault.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Emissions at idle will suffer if EGR is blocked off.

Fyi, EGR is open during idle and low part load conditions only, and is fully closed when the engine is loaded. Closing it will not offer any advantage.

If EGR is stuck open, it will continuously bypass exhaust gas to the engine's intake system at all driving conditions. Some people just block it off as this is the easier way. It is better to properly repair the fault.

So is there a way we can check if the EGR is stuck open?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    experience ko na EGR Stuck open. when our Pajero A/T was converted to M/T. symptoms was erratic, acceleration from 1000-1500 rpm is medyo mausok and lossing some power on those range.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    experience ko na EGR Stuck open. when our Pajero A/T was converted to M/T. symptoms was erratic, acceleration from 1000-1500 rpm is medyo mausok and lossing some power on those range.
    So sir what did you do after finding that your EGR is stuck open?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    what will be the effect/advantage of adding a blower fan to a Top Mounted 'Intercooler'? will it ease out the enging if the fan is activated during traffic, specially during hot days?

thank you
    Last edited by carnibal; December 19th, 2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: omitted a word

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    So sir what did you do after finding that your EGR is stuck open?
    correction pala, I don't think it was a common EGR stuck open case. it is caused by the a/t to m/t convertion. not a faulty EGR.

first, we just block the vacuum hose going to the EGR. and the symptoms are gone. then later we put blanking plate between exhuast route to the intake.

Quote Originally Posted by carnibal View Post
    what will be the effect/advantage of adding a blower fan to a Top Mounted 'Intercooler'? will it ease out the enging if the fan is activated during traffic, specially during hot days?

thank you
    IMO, I think the fan on the bottom is sufficent. unless walang fan dyan. besides, intercooler is not efficient on traffic/low rpms. they only get useful on heavy loads, heavy revving... intercooler tends to lag you on traffics unless vgt yung turbo.

kasi hindi vgt yung turbo namin. I wish I could make a pipe switch where I could deactivate the turbo pipe routing to the intercooler on traffics and activate it on highways.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Of course. But checking procedure varies, depending on the EGR's control system.

Blocking the valve itself is another option. If engine performance improves, the EGR system is faulty.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Of course. But checking procedure varies, depending on the EGR's control system.

Blocking the valve itself is another option. If engine performance improves, the EGR system is faulty.
    sir dieseldude,ask ko lng kung anong effect ng retard(advance) timing ng injections sa exhaust emission?

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk