New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 131 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    How much for fuel injection calibration?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Might be a good idea to service the clutch assembly/transmission system also, not that it affects FC, or would it?
    A lot of things can affect FC........slipping clutch, driving habits, heavy traffic, tire type and size, aircon use, unnecessary parasitic cargo on the car, etc.

3. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    sir dieseldude, hingi lang sana nang advise. nabili ko yung sportivo ko 4 years ago. i really intended to keep it forever na sana, kaso na ondoy. mabuti na lang covered nang insurance. essentially pinalitan naman sa kasa lahat yung na damage gaya nang wiper motors (F&R), battery, lahat nang fluids, power windows/doorlocks, dashboard, stereo system clutch assembly. ipina full rustproof (interior/exterior) ko na din sa kasa.

its been a year since kinuha ko yung sportivo and so far wala naman akong nakikitang diperensya kaya lang kabado pa din ako na baka may lumabas na sira later on specially sa fuel injection/engine. do you think sir, this car is worth keeping even if na ondoy?

salamat po!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    sir dieseldude, hingi lang sana nang advise. nabili ko yung sportivo ko 4 years ago. i really intended to keep it forever na sana, kaso na ondoy. mabuti na lang covered nang insurance. essentially pinalitan naman sa kasa lahat yung na damage gaya nang wiper motors (F&R), battery, lahat nang fluids, power windows/doorlocks, dashboard, stereo system clutch assembly. ipina full rustproof (interior/exterior) ko na din sa kasa.

its been a year since kinuha ko yung sportivo and so far wala naman akong nakikitang diperensya kaya lang kabado pa din ako na baka may lumabas na sira later on specially sa fuel injection/engine. do you think sir, this car is worth keeping even if na ondoy?

Hindi ko naman nalita ang car mo, so wala akong masasabi.

Wala naman nasisira sa fuel injection system dahil hindi naman yan papasukin ng tubig baha....................pwera lang kung pinaandar mo nang hindi ka pa nag drain ng fuel tank.

Kung 1 year na yan tumatakbo after ondoy, okay na yan. Wala din madaming electronics ang Sportivo.......

So don't worry.

salamat po! You're welcome....

5. cj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    whew! salamat nang marami dieseldude!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    I really know. The only way to really find out is by having the injection pump and injectors checked for conformance to calibration specs. If they do, high FC could be due to engine wear, blocked air filter, timing deviation, etc.

FC is critical due to today's rising fuel cost.

Maraming salamat sir jake

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I just changed my fuel filter and now FC is worse. Used to get 10-11Km/L highways and now it's just 9Km/L. Weird...

It a 4D56 on a 2006 Adventure. Vic replacement filter. No leaks, no air in the lines, no noticable change in performance, just increased FC.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    I just changed my fuel filter and now FC is worse. Used to get 10-11Km/L highways and now it's just 9Km/L. Weird...

It a 4D56 on a 2006 Adventure. Vic replacement filter. No leaks, no air in the lines, no noticable change in performance, just increased FC.
    Your previous fuel filter was probably restricted, limiting fuel feed to the engine.

You now have more fuel available, more power, but higher consumption.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi Dieseldude,

I just bought a 2006 Starex CRDI with around 50T mileage. The engine seems fine if I don't press on the gas pedal to the metal. But if I need the power and I step on it, the engine just blows thick black smoke. I recently changed the oil and air filter, but it still emits black smoke. On top of that, my fuel consumption is only around 6 or 7kms/liter. I would love to hear from you. Thanks.

Eric

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Your previous fuel filter was probably restricted, limiting fuel feed to the engine.

You now have more fuel available, more power, but higher consumption.
    Thank you sir.

I suspected that it was running a little rich because of the new filter as well - just had to hear it from an expert. I will confirm if this is indeed the case when I change the air filter soon. Should balance out the added fuel and burn it more throughly, giving better FC figures.

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk