New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    bakit parang hirap mag start yun 98 spacegear namin. its like 1st try, wala. 2nd meron. or at times pag sa 2nd try, magstart sya pero parang mamatay yun engine. and the shaking is prominent. you have to step on the gas to prevent it from stalling. ano kaya diperensya? thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    pa check mo injection nozzle mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    have you tried this cold start routine? before starting, pump the accelerator pedal all the way down several times. step on the accelerator pedal halfway down when cranking the ignition. it always works with my nissan diesels.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baradong filters? Air at fuel filters karaniwan.

Check your glowplugs, too.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede rin loose compression

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Isn't it bad to pump the engine as soon as you started it? Oil is not evenly distributed to lubricate all the necessary parts.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Yep, best to avoid revving the engine when coming out of a cold start. Hard starting symptoms as described usually mean a bad set of glowplugs. Replacing is easy to do, but mahal sobra ang originals!

Replacement units from taiwan and korea usually last a few weeks to a few months.

You can test to see if a glowplug is still OK by removing the common bus bar connecting all of them together and doing an ohms check on each glow-plug. Dead units will have infinite resistance, good ones will be about 1 to 2 ohms...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    bakit po ang mga fuel injected pag start mo automatic rev siya agad ng mga1,500 rpm? naiisip ko na di pa nakaikot oil pero programed na na mag rev.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung L200 naman ng in-law ko bagong overhaul,
    antakaw sa HEATER.
    bakit ganun?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ungas: i think you misread my post. i wrote "before starting" the engine. revving a cold engine is unadvisable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
diesel engine startup