New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    FrankDrebin: OEM ba oil filter gamit mo? or replacement?

Does it make a difference pag OEM or replacement gamit mo with regards to performance?

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Replacement lang brother ILD. VIC ang brand. In my expierence walang namang problemang na-encounter except the price. :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Ride is 2001 Isuzu Higlander POWER XTRM TRM TRM ala Centurions the cartoons hehehe
    Expenses every 5K (DIY)
    4 liters Delo Gold MultiGrade = Php550 (Much cheaper if I use the Delo Silver)
    Oil Filter = Php250 (Nakalimutan ko lang yung exact)
    Fuel Filter = Php150
    Fuel Mileage = 10-12km/lt
    Simple Suspension Setup but sturdy enough for Phil Road Condition. No regular replacement of stabilizer like that of any sort. And also parts are much cheaper.
    OT
    frank, ano fuel filter mo? ang mura kasi. sakin VIC oil and fuel filtersdin, parehong P220 each. C-512 for the oil filter, FC-208A for the fuel filter.
    caltex delo din ako although minsan, castrol CRDplus or Petron Rev-ex trekker. da best so far caltex delo and rev-x trekker in my experience.

back on topic,
    maintenance-wise; sa diesel ako, fluids and filters lang; sa gasoline, you also have to check the electricals, specially those related to the fuel ignition system - for old school gas ; ignition coil; spark plugs, high tension wire, contact point, distributor, battery..andami. hirap mag trouble shoot minsan pag nagloloko makina mo. andyan pa yung carburador, fuel pump.
    maganda lang sa gasoline, madali iadjust yung ignition timing..konting ikot lang ng distributor ayos na. altho for newer gas engines, admittedly marami nabawas sa mga checklist na to.

if on paper,computing the total expenses, a gasoline would be cheaper...but lets put it this way,

oil change comes every 4-6months, tune-up once a year....pwedeng pag-ipunan..so pwede marule out sa daily cost computation

how about fuel?we fuel our ride mostly 4-6 dayz....much more kung long-drives...kanina lang, i spent 600+ on a 18 liters of velocity on my kia.....pero eto ang experience ko:

going to my wife's parent's house and back to manila with pasyal to cabanatual (average of 2 dayz stay),average of 300km run,depends on driving situations and "trippings" ko...

my kia:full 37 liters before departure(30*32=960pesos maximum)
    arrives to palayan * 1/6 to 3/4 guage, pasyal to &from cabanatuan 1/2 guage...going back to manila,stop in either baliwag(minimum) or plaridel(maximum) shell....+200 to 500pesos...total cost: 1160 to 1460pesos

my delica:full (55liters) before departure(50*27=1350 pesos maximum)
    arrives to palayan * 75-90% guage, pasyal to &from cabanatuan 60-75% guage,going back to manila,non-stop 10-20liters <full tank ulit at shell visayas(loaded fuel(minus)fuel tank capacity)> left...total cost: 810 to 1215pesos.

my point is....when i go full using my delica, i can come home without refueling...may extrang baon for our chibog and bili extra stuffs there.

alwayz_yummy: Di kaya mas malaki fuel capacity ng Delica kaya mas malayo ang range...

yes.....that one reason.....

pero kasi, my delica and the kia pride consumes its fuel about the same..(5 to 10 km/l)<not all prides are matipid>...so my point is in my comparison,since same ang fuel consumption nila, for me they're a good comparison....and my delica has more cargo room, height and utility that is good on my wife's province...(the catch is sayad sa sampayan ang bubong ng van)

and kung sakaling magpa-diesel ako..aabutin ako sa shell plaridel or petron sa NLEX to refuel at a fixed of 100-150(about 6-7 liters), and have atleast "a day" (average to fatima shrine and back here in a typical traffic)spare fuel left in the tank....

unlike sa kia,cant go below 10 liters when refueling(350 pesos+)...tapos "mag-didim-on" ang "fuel indicator lamp" when i park here * home-->mga 1 round to QC circle,proj.6,cherry(congre. ave) and back home.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Master rsnald, icocorrect ko lang yung post ko and so here's my receipt last March....Vic Fuel Filter FC-208(Php180*MotorCraft) at Vic Oil Filter C-502(Php200). Ok lang ba yung model ng Vic na nagagamit ko?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Master rsnald, icocorrect ko lang yung post ko and so here's my receipt last March....Vic Fuel Filter FC-208(Php180*MotorCraft) at Vic Oil Filter C-502(Php200). Ok lang ba yung model ng Vic na nagagamit ko?
    havent seen the C-502 filter. C-512 lagi gamit ko. nakatatak naman dun sa kahon kung kasama 4JA1 or not. yung FC208, mas maliit sya compared sa FC208A. I used it once, pero balik ulit ako sa FC208A. palagay ko as long as mag kasinglaki yung hold up volume ng filters, oks lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang ang mura ng fuel filters niyo ha. Php 450.00 ata siningil sakin dati...VIC din naman.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Master OTEP, maliit lang kasi yung mga filters ng Isuzu(Highlander, Crosswind, etc. series) compare sa Mitsu 4d56. Parang David and Goliath. :D
    Last edited by FrankDrebin; April 21st, 2005 at 09:24 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Diesel Engine Maintenance vs Gas Engines