New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Tanong lang po, yong crosswind exhaust fitted ba ng catalytic converter. 2005 yong crosswind ko. sa diesel expert po, i appreciate your answers.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Just make sure that your car doesn't have a catalytic converter. Water will damage the catconverter.
    How does the water damage the catalytic converter? I tried cleaning the exaust pipe of my strada last sunday and I was actually worried about the water getting into the cat.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jolovolo View Post
    How does the water damage the catalytic converter? I tried cleaning the exaust pipe of my strada last sunday and I was actually worried about the water getting into the cat.
    No, it will not damage but make sure you need to dry it in case water entered. Catalytic converters are used in internal combustion engines to reduce harmful carbon monoxide emissions. They also break down nitrogen oxides to nitrogen and oxygen and hydrocarbons into water and carbon dioxide. Catalytic converters accomplish these tasks by causing chemical reactions with the exhaust emissions as they flow through. The catalyst used most often in converters are platinum, rhodium or palladium, as these are very reactive metals. The core of the converter is often ceramic or stainless steel. They are formed like a honeycomb to increase the surface area, which increases the effectiveness of the catalyst. Many problems can arise with catalytic converters, which can affect how the engine runs.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mga paps pede ba ang ilagay sa loob ng muffler e sosa? ung pantanggal ng bara sa lababo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sotel View Post
    mga paps pede ba ang ilagay sa loob ng muffler e sosa? ung pantanggal ng bara sa lababo
    bro liquid sosa contains caustic soda that might cause rust and corrosion inside the exhaust tailpipe internals.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    bro liquid sosa contains caustic soda that might cause rust and corrosion inside the exhaust tailpipe internals.
    +1, did this to our 10 wheeler truck when it failed emissions, Mali is talaga ng husto ng liquid Sosa yun ng lang after mga 3 months palit kami ng muffler.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    +1, did this to our 10 wheeler truck when it failed emissions, Mali is talaga ng husto ng liquid Sosa yun ng lang after mga 3 months palit kami ng muffler.
    sir ok lang ba mag lagay ng tubig sa exhaust pipe bago mag pa emission test?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sotel View Post
    sir ok lang ba mag lagay ng tubig sa exhaust pipe bago mag pa emission test?
    For old school diesels, yes... pretty much Standard Operating Procedure.

For a gasser or a common rail... not really.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Diesel Engine: How to cleaning the exhaust system?