New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    carbon cleaning ba tawag dun? i actually found in the engine bay a tube sticking out of the exhaust system. i think it's where you can stick a hose and let water through and out the back.

anyway, my questions are, how do i proceed? does my engine have to be cold? start the engine first then insert the hose or vice versa? kelangan bang irev or idle lang? they say kasi it would help sa emission test and lessen black smoke.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just make sure that your car doesn't have a catalytic converter. Water will damage the catconverter.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Provided that it has no catalytic converter, you can proceed. With the engine off, fill it with water and liquid soap (for better cleansing) till it reaches the tailpipe. Remove the hose, close the lid. Start your engine and rev it till all the water comes out (sigurado bumubula pa yan) then repeat it 3-4 times (without the liquid soap) Very ideal before emission test.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    yes most old diesel engines have this little tube about 1 or 1 1/2 inch in dia installed in exhaust pipe. mostly found in jeepneys but i also have this in my van, very useful to clean the exhaust pipe. Just fill up until water comes out from the tail pipe, for better result yu can add kerosene it will soften the carbon deposits. Mas maganda kung ibabad mo muna for an hour before starting your engine. Then rev your engine up to 3,000rpm. This is proven effective.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    puede kayang tirahin ko na lang ng "pressure washer" sa tailpipe the rev it up 'til all the water comes out??? then repeat na lang 'til the water clears???

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    yes, i you have one you can use it but for best result i suggest you installed small pipe after the exhaust manifold.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any idea if this "little tube" in the exhaust pipe exists in the Isuzu XUV? I tried to look for it but can't seem to find it. Any XUV owners here who had this done (pasadya)?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrox View Post
    Any idea if this "little tube" in the exhaust pipe exists in the Isuzu XUV? I tried to look for it but can't seem to find it. Any XUV owners here who had this done (pasadya)?
    Yes it’s just pasadya. it's a 1" iron tube with cap that is welded after the manifold before going down. I don’t have it either and have no plans of having it. IMO it’s a need for those traveling a distance same as diesel PUV in a day to prevent belching.
    Last edited by XTO; February 28th, 2008 at 05:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks for the replies! akala ko continuous yung water. di pala hehe. i tried cleaning it before by inserting the hose from the tailpipe. pero parang hindi nalilinis lahat kasi hindi naman umaabot hanggang dulong loob yung hose. pero grabe ang soot na lumabas. nangitim yung sahig ng garahe. hehe

wala ba talagang formal name yung "small pipe after the exhaust manifold"? :D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Wala rin sa Isuzu Crosswind ko . But my neighbor had one installed (pasadya) in his IC. Sa isang Welding / Vulcanizing Shop niya lang pinagawa. Ang bilis ginawa . It's quite simple: (1) drill a small hole, 3/4" - 1" dia. (2) weld a fitting Threaded "nipple" in the hole (3) an "end cap" is placed on the other end... finish!!! kaya lang... although negligible, the new look is... well... looks cheap . you'd want to have your exhaust tube painted...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Diesel Engine: How to cleaning the exhaust system?