New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Pasadya lang yung G.I pipe na yan, no wondering one of the Filipino ideas ito to reduce the smoke belchers. Anyway theres nothing wrong if you installed one in your manifold it will not affect the engine performance. Big carbon deposits are located in muffler kaya kailangan talaga babaran ng water with detergent to soften it and to flash it out.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Guys:

While trying to pass an emissions test I paid a carwash to spray water into the exhaust system (as recommended by the emissions testing guys themselves!).

True, nawala ang karamihan ng maitim na usok, at matagal-tagal bago uli nag-buildup yung carbon.

But (and a very big BUT) if you have a piece of flexible pipe in your exhaust system (like my Mazda B2500), you could have the same trouble I had.

If the exhaust system is hot and you spray it with cold water the tendency is to crack the flexible pipe, which I am sorry to say is impossible to repair and expensive to replace.

Kaya mga pare, alamin nyo muna kung meron masisira sa exhaust system nyo bago nyo gawin.

Also, as it seems I am picking nits today, the life of your muffler will be shortened by this process.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Here's a suggestion water/alcohol injection eliminates this problem all together. Removes around 95% of all carbon and maintains that throught the life of the motor. If your getting that much carbon in your exhaust imagine whats in your combustion chambers, valves, and clogging your EGR

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by duskylim View Post
    Dear Guys:

While trying to pass an emissions test I paid a carwash to spray water into the exhaust system (as recommended by the emissions testing guys themselves!).

True, nawala ang karamihan ng maitim na usok, at matagal-tagal bago uli nag-buildup yung carbon.

But (and a very big BUT) if you have a piece of flexible pipe in your exhaust system (like my Mazda B2500), you could have the same trouble I had.

If the exhaust system is hot and you spray it with cold water the tendency is to crack the flexible pipe, which I am sorry to say is impossible to repair and expensive to replace.

Kaya mga pare, alamin nyo muna kung meron masisira sa exhaust system nyo bago nyo gawin.

Also, as it seems I am picking nits today, the life of your muffler will be shortened by this process.

Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

Just a reminder for newbie wants to spray or clean there exhaust system. Make it sure your exhaust pipe are warm preferebly cold. do not spray water or fill water if its super hot to avoid crack problem.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    When I was doing carbon flushing di tubig and detergents ang ginagamit ko. May mga chemical talaga para diyan. Beltran used to do carbon cleaning pero ngayon wala na, shucks. Ang alam ko the gas stations sa may T.Morato intersection nag carbon flushing. Sa mga new CRDi engines alam ko walang butas para pwede idaan yung liquid solution kaya ang ginagawa nila is that they drill a hole doon sa downpipe.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Smoke is generated by the engine, not the exhaust system. Cleaning the exhaust system with water will not cure the problem of excessive black smoke from a faulty engine or injection pump.

Light soot build up in the exhaust system is normal. The exhaust system cleans itself out through normal driving and occassional hard accelerations.

Heavy soot build up is not normal.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    what's the real deal about this?

pag maitim na ang usok na nilalabas what else could be done?

thanks

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jundogg View Post

thanks
    Check your engine's air filter and/or injection pump.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008

thanks

sir pacheck na ninyo yung infection pump, injector nozzles ninyo...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008

thanks

sir pacheck na ninyo yung injection pump, injector nozzles ninyo...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Diesel Engine: How to cleaning the exhaust system?