New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Actually, I'd be more concerned about the diesel Innova here.... Engine oil getting dark in a diesel engine means that it is doing its job of floating the deposits in your engine.....

Any comment from the diesel Innova owners?

13.0K:funa:
    Good oil will do the job to keep the soot particles suspended in the oil, But it's the filters job to remove those particles. suspended soot particles cause tons of wear in your engine. Just because you have a diesel does not mean your oil needs to be pitch black. If you have a filter that can clean down to 10 microns then it will be fairly dark brown. If your running something like a VIC or OEM Toyota you can for get it because they can only get the job done effectively down to around 25 microns. VIC's don't touch particles in the 20 to 5 micron range.

If your past a your warranty might as well run a filter designed for heavy duty fleet use, IE. it gets the job done to keep your engine oil clean. Not to mention they hold up to 3 times more particles before becoming clogged. Cheap filters die early and just go into bypass mode so they just re-circulate dirty oil.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *dvldoc
    Maybe we've just all been used to seeing black oil in our rigs before 5tkms on the oem filters lol. Gonna give Fleetguard a crack next oil change.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    if medyo OC ka and money to spare... bili ka ng 1-2 sets of oil (yung cheapest you can find) use it for flushing purposes...

drain used oil
    then replace with cheap oil
    run the engine
    drain the oil again
    case to case basis if you need a another set for flushing... pero kung religous naman ang change oil nyo sir, kahit 1set lang
    then replace with your preferred oil

tried this once, and dami natangal na deposits... matagal bago dumumi ulit langis.. parang brand new yung appearance ng oil sa dipstick

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *dvldoc
    Maybe we've just all been used to seeing black oil in our rigs before 5tkms on the oem filters lol. Gonna give Fleetguard a crack next oil change.
    Get the LF3487 For the Navara, It's bigger than stock and is the full sythetic media and will filter down to 2 microns. They are less than 600P.

Your oil will defintetly clear up using these. If you haven't done a flush do it prior to the oil change.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Get the LF3487 For the Navara, It's bigger than stock and is the full sythetic media and will filter down to 2 microns. They are less than 600P.

Your oil will defintetly clear up using these. If you haven't done a flush do it prior to the oil change.
    That's the plan, problem is the local stores only carry the LF3400. Maybe you could take a leave so you could go back here for a vacation and we could get some? Kidding.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    My next trip to the Philippines I will be moving there.

Go here they have them, They are a official dealer.

PACER EQUIPMENT RESOURCES INC
    NO 214 RIZAL AVENUE EXTENSION BETWEEN 4TH & 5TH AVENUE
    CALOOCAN CITY
    Philippines
    Phone:632 3617 038
    Fax:632 3617 043

I am using my LF3487 for a remote mount transmission filter, factory metal mesh filters only filter to like 100 microns, which is not very good. I plan on having my Elgrand last a long long time.
    Last edited by dvldoc; May 6th, 2011 at 12:25 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    That's the plan, problem is the local stores only carry the LF3400. Maybe you could take a leave so you could go back here for a vacation and we could get some? Kidding.
    The dealer have a very old stock(2007) and are rusted with weak springs. I got curious when i heared metal sound while shakin the filter so iopened the can and here it is..

I guess the springs are somekinda loose, but in general that wouldnt matter since oil presure will seal the rubber in the inlet.. I just noticed bypass valve is made of composite fiberboard (like those in printed circuit board), it has some gap though too small to notice..And its microglass is shiny, tried blowing air on it and i could feel its more free flowing. * Dvldoc, is this the same bypassvalve as the new stocks??

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    BTT.. As long as your engine is Diesel with EGR valve, your oil would turn dark in just hours of idling.. Remember EGR valve activates only when you are idling.. It totally close/ disabled at high RPM (to seal the turbo boost).. My simple solution for that is to maintain air filter clean, PCV oil catch can, blocking of EGR (in progress), and water injection..

Remember any Emission control device attached to your engine is posionous to your engine:
    EGR - Dirty exhaust back to the intake
    PCV - Dirty blowby gasses back to the intake
    Cat - rob power due to exhaust resistance
    [SIZE=2][SIZE=2]DPF - afterburn is not perfect technology and causes many problems due to many sensers..
    What else.. urea injection??
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    The dealer have a very old stock(2007) and are rusted with weak springs. I got curious when i heared metal sound while shakin the filter so iopened the can and here it is..

I guess the springs are somekinda loose, but in general that wouldnt matter since oil presure will seal the rubber in the inlet.. I just noticed bypass valve is made of composite fiberboard (like those in printed circuit board), it has some gap though too small to notice..And its microglass is shiny, tried blowing air on it and i could feel its more free flowing. * Dvldoc, is this the same bypassvalve as the new stocks??
    That sucks that there stock is not well taken car of, having a 6 or 7 year old filter is not a big deal. And they should not be rusted especially if they are stored indoors. I think I am going to eliminate them from my recommendation for filters there since I have already spotted at least 2 Fake filters. Might email fleetguard about them as well to see if there dealer status is still valid.

*12vdc yes the design is the same, most filters do not change unitl after 10 plus years. Then they will have a obsolete part number or updated part number which can be looked up on Fleetguards site.

Never seen a real Fleetguard rust on the shelf, even in high humidity. Looks like they have a mix of fake, plus old and newer stock. Average customer is not going to know what is what.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    * 12vdc I can't view imageshack on my work computer so I will check your picture later.

Well just called Fleetguard they are still listed as a dealer as well as the one in Laguna, but we all know how things go there, some people will cut coners to make money.

. CUMMINS SALES & SERVICE PHILS. INC.
    LOTS 1 & 2 BLK 15 LIIP AVE. LAGUNA INTERNATIONAL IND PARK MAMPLASAN,
    BINAN LAGUNA
    Philippines
    Phone:632 8430 630
    Fax:632 8430 703

I got all my stock in the states and they all look prestine and I have just over 600 filters.

Buyer beware I guess.
    Last edited by dvldoc; May 6th, 2011 at 02:49 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Dark engine oil