New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Because that year of Landcruiser does not have high pressure direct injection yet.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    Saw your post in another thread and I am appalled with what you said.

As to your question here, go and start one since you know it all.
    sori for apalling you fireblade.. go and read my reply post in that forum.. it might shed some light on what i was trying to say.. i wasnt trying to dish you for having a choking problem.. i mean really.. all i said was, someone just bought an 08 innova and it choked. was that so appalling? maybe you wouldnt have been appalled if i said fireblade bought an 08 toyota and experience choking,, therefore the D4D choking problem is back..oh i wasnt trying to hide also.. this website is so slow i cant open multiply windows so i should have check that it was you fireblade who had an 08 innova that choked..sori to have clashed with you fireblade..you really are on fire ha.. sensa na... i apologize. oh and if i do start that fuel filter bussines to filter out dirty diesel il give you one for free so you wont ever suffer a choking experience in your toyota innova.....

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinrem View Post
    Hi fireblade, have you switch gasoline station already? are you still using petron or you switch to other gasoline brand like shell or caltex? when you switch to other diesel brand or pumping station, nag-iba ba ang takbo ng unit mo???
    I am still using Petron but switched to their station in Makati Ave.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks for the quick reply sir fireblade, i ask the question kasi i am using shell diesel sa car ko and i have read sa ibang forum saying that madumi daw ang shell na diesel (dont know if its true), kaya im thinking of switching to petron diesel kasi if petron diesel works on your innova then surely mas malinis sya compare to shell...tama bah???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bigla lang ako napa isip.

lets say ur on nlex doing 100kph then it stalled, isnt it dangerous when ur still rolling and the gear is in shift?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    of course it is dangerous especially if you are taking steep roads but there are things you need to observe..
    > DO NOT PANIC AND STAY CALM THINK OF THE PROPER THINGS YOU SHOULD DO.
    IF MANUAL TRANSMISSION:
    > do not disengage the transmission to neutral as you will loose engine brake.. eventhough the engine stalls during high speed it will just be in engine brake and maintain your engine rotating thus you will not immediately loose brake vacuum assist and power steering.
    > Be aware that when engine stalls, power brakes and steering will be lost so if this happens press the brakes as hard as you can until full stop and steer hard to shoulder.
    > Do not pump your brake is this will immediately consume the vacuum reserve in the lines. (some vehicles are equipped with vacuum reserve tank)
    > immediately turn on hazard lights and pull over to shoulder

IF Automatic Transmission:
    > Do not engage the transmission to PARK as this may damage your transmission. If you can move the transmission to "N" and turn you hazard lights
    > Immediately pull over to shoulder
    > Expect the steering will be hard as the engine stalls, it will immediately loose power steering assist
    > Do not pump your brakes as you will loose the vacuum assist immediately. Try to stop the vehicle with the first application of brakes. Expect the brakes may turn hard to press, if this happens press the brakes as hard as you can until the vehicle comes to a full stop

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's why I'm chosing Gas variant because of this problem, eventhough it's minimal case among thousands only few experience this problem but what if you belong to a few one? hehe!

One of my friend here in Brunei a chinese mech in toyota told me not to get D4D because it's faulty and better get VVTi but here all innova are all D4D's only avanza are vvti... That's why I thinks twice...

Kaya pag uwi ko VVti kinuha ko...

Thanks pa rin sa forum na ito coz I learn how to choose cars...

BR

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yes, it happened again last Saturday or after 600kms from the time that they changed my supply pump. This time it stalled 2x in a matter of 1 hour and I am becoming an expert in handling it

According to Toyota Makati, they just got off from a meeting with Denso and there is a newer way of initializing the engine after the supply pump has been replaced (twas only implemented last week). Unfortunately, it was not done by Toyota Bicutan as there was no advise. This I confirmed by talking to other service managers from other dealerships. They immediately replaced my supply pump for the second time within the day and I am impressed with their customer service. I made sure that it was replaced by putting a marker on the old one just like how I did it before. I did this to ensure that they replace it as I had a bad experience with Ford Global before but that is another story with my Escape.

Eto ngayon ang maganda

Naiwan nila yung computer sa loob ng kotse ko and that will cost them 260k if I dont return it. Eto yung kinakabit sa computer ng kotse mo for diagnosis and calibration. Hmmmmm, sige I immediately returned it the next day when I realized that it was at my back seat. They gave my car a full detail as a reward and sige na nga, thank you na rin.

Now I am observing my Innova and hoping that it does not happen again
    Last edited by fireblade; July 3rd, 2008 at 11:01 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think this is worth sharing, no offense to strada owners just warning you.
    One time, a strada 08 with 4000klm at the odometer came to the shop for help. Mitsubishi told him that his fuel had water and pump and injectors had to be replaced out of warranty (that will be very expensive). We concentrated on the pump and pulled it out cleaned thoroughly and tested on the bench. The injectors where never touched. So far the guy hasnt returned. Water can really affect your fuel system.

--------------------------------------------------
    CENTRAL DIESEL 411-37-11 to 13

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i'm planning on getting a fortunner 3.0 D4D ... naayos na ba nila yung prob sa choking and hard starting and engine stalling? thanks po

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
D4D choking is back , yes as I experienced it!!!!