New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Mga Sir tanong ko lang po,.meron po akong mitsubishi lancer glxi 1996 engine 4g92

Q:ilan po ang wire ng coolant sensor?

ang nakikita ko po kasi na wire sa coolant sensor ay isa lang po

talaga po bang isa lang ang wire na naka connect sa coolant sensor ng 4g92 engine? mitsubishi lancer glxi 1996

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    1 or 2....for 1 wire connection, the threaded portion of the sensor serves as the ground or the return to source. i.e., sensor thread-head-block-frame-negative terminal.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    1 or 2....for 1 wire connection, the threaded portion of the sensor serves as the ground or the return to source. i.e., sensor thread-head-block-frame-negative terminal.
    sir you mean di mo alam kung 1 or 2 ang wire ng coolant sensor ng mitsubishi lancer glxi 1996? positive lang po para matumbok kung ilang wire

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrockmusic View Post
    Mga Sir tanong ko lang po,.meron po akong mitsubishi lancer glxi 1996 engine 4g92

Q:ilan po ang wire ng coolant sensor?

ang nakikita ko po kasi na wire sa coolant sensor ay isa lang po

talaga po bang isa lang ang wire na naka connect sa coolant sensor ng 4g92 engine? mitsubishi lancer glxi 1996

basing it on u.s. wiring for mirage(lancer), there are two wires. BLACK-sensor ground common to MAP & IAT sensor. the other wire is the signal wire YELLOW-GREEN

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    sir you mean di mo alam kung 1 or 2 ang wire ng coolant sensor ng mitsubishi lancer glxi 1996? positive lang po para matumbok kung ilang wire
    obviously, hindi. for the record i don't own that type of car. yet be it 1 or 2 wire, they still serve the same function. it's better to acquire the schematic wiring diagram. a ground symbol at the sensor means 1 wire. if not, 2.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    obviously, hindi. for the record i don't own that type of car. yet be it 1 or 2 wire, they still serve the same function. it's better to acquire the schematic wiring diagram. a ground symbol at the sensor means 1 wire. if not, 2.
    sir may makukunan kaya ng wiring diagram nito or manual?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sir may makukunan kaya ng wiring diagram nito or manual?
    madalas yung coolant sensor (for temperature reading) isa lang ang wire.. kung may makita ka na 2 wire possible na thermoswitch yun...

to test your temp gauge. ask someone to check your instrument cluster while you momentarily ground the wire leading to the sensor.. your temp gauge in the cluster should move to the hot zone

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    but some thermoswitches have 1 or 2 pin connections like temp sensors.

in cases like this, google is your friend my friend... you may want to see and download from the mitsubishi website. i think it is under the "other troubles" threads. the website language is something like kazakhstan or russian, etc?

try this also:
    sometimes the thermoswitch and temp sensor are close to each other located at the upper hose outlet. disconnect the wire from one sensor. start engine and let it approach operating temp then watch if the temp gage rises. if the needle doesn't move then bingo!

Coolant Sensor Question