New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    pinacompression test ko kahapon sa petron commwealth ang aking toyota 96 gli the result was 150 120 150 155.... is this result ok or should i need to have it fix?...moreover i was observing the procedure done by the mechanic.. ive notice that he merely place the compression gauge on each spark plug hole and have me crank the engine while he was getting the readings....per internet and manual however it would appear that the following procedures should also be done....1)throttle must be fully open and 2) the ignition coil should be grounded... ok lang ba yung ginawa nung mechanic or should i have to repeat the compression test...any recommended shops? ty

ok pa naman takbo ng kotse at la pa naman akong na papansin na usok.. medyo nag babawas lang ng unting oil...kailangan na bang i overhaul,,o dapat i test pa further,,ty

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yygoob View Post
    pinacompression test ko kahapon sa petron commwealth ang aking toyota 96 gli the result was 150 120 150 155.... is this result ok or should i need to have it fix?...moreover i was observing the procedure done by the mechanic.. ive notice that he merely place the compression gauge on each spark plug hole and have me crank the engine while he was getting the readings....per internet and manual however it would appear that the following procedures should also be done....1)throttle must be fully open and 2) the ignition coil should be grounded... ok lang ba yung ginawa nung mechanic or should i have to repeat the compression test...any recommended shops? ty

ok pa naman takbo ng kotse at la pa naman akong na papansin na usok.. medyo nag babawas lang ng unting oil...kailangan na bang i overhaul,,o dapat i test pa further,,ty
    Ano sabi ng mekaniko mo sa resulta sa compression test na ginawa. at ano dapat gawin. Get a second opinion to another machanic hindi rin biro gastos sa overhaul ng makina . Kamusta naman sunog ng apat na spark plug may maitim ba o basa .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ok naman daw ang result kasi walang sobrang baba...pero duda ako dun kasi lahat ata ng nabasa ko nagsasabi na dapat uniform ang readings ng apat na cylinder kung ma difference man dapat unti lang which is not in my case...ok naman ata ang sunog dry naman at brown ang sunog parang kalawang ang kulay..ty

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Iyong sunog ng spark plug ayos iyan . Iyong pangalawa na 120 . Ikaw na mismo tumingin sa pangalawa mong spark plug kung kulay brownish ang kulay .Kung hindi basa ayos iyan, Huwag ka munang magalala kasi malalaman mo naman pagandar ng makina mo sa menor may palya. Obserbahan mo muna pag babawas ng langis . kung malakas na magbawas sa isang araw 1/4 na nabawas hindi na maganda. Tignan mo rin makina mo baka may oil leak sa ilalim crankcase, oildrain plug. Cylinderhead cover at iba pa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    parepareho naman yung sunog ng spark plug...pinalitan ko rin kasi yung spark plug kasi 6months na rin kasi yun...medyo nag babawas ng oil pero di naman ganun ka lakas...may unting langis ata sa bandang left side ng engine cover...yung tipong parang dumi lang ...pinupunasan ko kasi minsan until totally dry na yung engine tapos after a month na pansin ko medyo sticky sya ng unti kulay itim so may leak siguro... pero yun lang naman walang ibang tulo ...sa takbo naman minsan ang ganda ng takbo minsan ok lang... i dont know kung dahil sa gas or what...ty

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yygoob View Post
    parepareho naman yung sunog ng spark plug...pinalitan ko rin kasi yung spark plug kasi 6months na rin kasi yun...medyo nag babawas ng oil pero di naman ganun ka lakas...may unting langis ata sa bandang left side ng engine cover...yung tipong parang dumi lang ...pinupunasan ko kasi minsan until totally dry na yung engine tapos after a month na pansin ko medyo sticky sya ng unti kulay itim so may leak siguro... pero yun lang naman walang ibang tulo ...sa takbo naman minsan ang ganda ng takbo minsan ok lang... i dont know kung dahil sa gas or what...ty

yygoob,
    compression tests when done properly will indicate whether you will need just engine tip overhaul or complete engine teardown. the compression tests should be done both dry and wet tests.
    a. dry-one piston stroke
    b. dry- four piston strokes
    c. wet( with about a teaspoon oil into the spark plug hole)- one piston
    stroke
    d. wet( with the oil now in the cylinder bore)-four piston strokes.
    this will reveal if the piston rings are worn if the difference in pressures are almost double from dry to wet compression tests. if the pressures do not increase dramatically, the suspect will be the valves. if the problem is burning oil like you mentioned, with the compression test to within 10% of each other, just have the valve stem seals replaced without removing the cylinder head(most engines), but if your combustion chambers are hemispheric or the spark plugs are in the middle of each bore, you might consider having an engine top overhaul.
    jick
    c. o

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pwede rin ang electronic compression test jan.

the test will be done from the battery readings ,they call it relative compression test . it can also perform an engine blow-by test .

it only takes a few minutes to do these all on DIESEL OR GAS ENGINES.
    AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO TOUCH THE ENGINE .

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    san po bang shop na recommended na magpa test ng engine?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    just had another compression test today one was with speedyfix and the result has change from 150 120 150 155 per paul of petron to around 175 175 175 100....i was a bit confuse why the cylinder with a low compression has change so finally i went to wowie of tricked out.....and the reading was around 175 on all cylinders ok na ok pa daw....so finally i decided to just defer any overhaul..... and wait na lang kung merong pang other symptoms that would indicate that i need an overhaul considering na wala pa naman abnormal smoke yung kotse at medyo ok pa rin naman ang hatak.. siguro kailangan ko lang bumalik sa xcs mas consistent ang takbo ng car kaysa seaoil 97 extreme....medyo nag babawas ng unti yung oil kaya bumili na rin ako ng additional oil just in case bumaba...magpapachange oil na rin ako within the month which i have postponed in view of the posible overhaul. im currently using Royal Purple and mukhang ok naman...thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    just had another compression test one was with speedyfix and the result has change from 150 120 150 155 per paul of petron to around 175 175 175 100....i was a bit confuse why the cylinder with a low compression has change so finally i went to wowie of tricked out...and the reading was around 175 on all cylinders ok na ok pa daw....so finally i decided to just defer any overhaul..... and wait na lang kung merong pang other symptoms that would indicate that i need an overhaul considering na wala pa naman abnormal smoke yung kotse at medyo ok pa rin naman ang hatak.. siguro kailangan ko lang bumalik sa xcs mas consistent ang takbo ng car kaysa seaoil 97 extreme....medyo nag babawas ng unti yung oil kaya bumili na rin ako ng additional oil just in case bumaba...magpapachange oil na rin ako within the month which i have postponed in view of the posible overhaul.. im currently using Royal Purple and mukhang ok naman...thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
compression test results!! overhaul na ba?