New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yygoob View Post
    just had another compression test one was with speedyfix and the result has change from 150 120 150 155 per paul of petron to around 175 175 175 100....i was a bit confuse why the cylinder with a low compression has change so finally i went to wowie of tricked out...and the reading was around 175 on all cylinders ok na ok pa daw....so finally i decided to just defer any overhaul..... and wait na lang kung merong pang other symptoms that would indicate that i need an overhaul considering na wala pa naman abnormal smoke yung kotse at medyo ok pa rin naman ang hatak.. siguro kailangan ko lang bumalik sa xcs mas consistent ang takbo ng car kaysa seaoil 97 extreme....medyo nag babawas ng unti yung oil kaya bumili na rin ako ng additional oil just in case bumaba...magpapachange oil na rin ako within the month which i have postponed in view of the posible overhaul.. im currently using Royal Purple and mukhang ok naman...thanks

yygoob,
    it will not hurt if you added extra detergent that you can buy off the shelves to clean what sounds like sticking piston rings or you can use one quart of the 3.85 quarts of oil to be an hd(high detergency) oil the ones you would use for diesel engines.
    jick

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    yygoob,
    it will not hurt if you added extra detergent that you can buy off the shelves to clean what sounds like sticking piston rings or you can use one quart of the 3.85 quarts of oil to be an hd(high detergency) oil the ones you would use for diesel engines.
    jick
    thanks sir!!! where do i buy these? and what brand do you recommend and how is it use? thanks again...

sorry for the double post

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yygoob View Post
    thanks sir!!! where do i buy these? and what brand do you recommend and how is it use? thanks again...

sorry for the double post

yygoob,
    although the motor oils nowadays are loaded with detergents, some have more detergents than others as in the case of hd(high detergency) oils for diesels or compression ignited engines compared to the regular spark ignited engines. the cx class oil for diesels and the sx class oils for spark ignited engines, hence the api(american petroleum institute) marking on the side of the oil bottle, e.g. api classification sj/cj. the current engines have a minimum requirements for protection level from the sd/cd of the late seventies to the sj/cj of the new millennium. the off shelf detergent i always use is cd2. some brands like stp or wynns are available too. i am not sure what you have available in manila. if you want, you can use the high detergency oil for now. but don't be alarmed as this oil turns dark fast as it cleans the engine.
    jick

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    thanks for the info sir!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
compression test results!! overhaul na ba?