New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda's stock b6 engine is good for 180kph...

nagpunta ako sa evangelista sa makati kahapon.....just trying out on how much the engine is.....tama si mazdamazda nasa 10-12 thou lang ang B6 1.6L engine.

Just want to know kung anu-ano pa ang kailangan palitan na parts ng kia. If I could just shell out 25 thou on the project, I think game ako, tutal di ko naman everyday car yung kia.

Mazdamazda, baka alam mo ang sagot sa tanong ko.....punta na din ako site nyo para sigurado.....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    phillip,

sorry, di ko alam kung alin ang pinalitan ni kiadohc... pero successful naman! hanggang 3rd gear daw kamot pa rin ang gulong! hehehehe...

or if you have the budget, go for the BPT engine that kiadohc has. P55,000 lang! 220hp 1.8L turbo intercooler engine...

kay kiadohc ka na lang pakabit, mukhang nakalikot na niya talaga ang kia nya... 25k? mukhang swak naman... kasi kung isama mo rin ang tranny sa palit pwede pa...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipogi
    ok thanks!!! parang mas ok nga ibenta ko na lang.....napamahal lang kasi sa akin ito dahil this is my real first car eh!

actually i have another car na pero share it with my dad sometimes...but i do plan to buy another car with just a P170thou budget. The plan is for a 1991 Toyota Corona 2.0GL.

Ok ba itong car na to???? its small, compact, and got a 2.0 punch....toyota pa....
    Sorry to burst your bubble but the Corona 2.0 you are takling about is very underpowered, under 130hp lang yung 2.0 liter engine niya. The positive thing about this car is its ride quality and ability to go really fast and still remain stable.

For 150k, you can buy a 1991 Nissan Sentra 1.6 ... or less pa if you get the 1.4 or 1.3 model and swap it with the SR20DE engine which does 140hp to 145hp stock and many mods available for this engine on the web.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    the engine might be good for 180kph but is the car capable of handling it?

safety first!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    altima na lang, kesa mag sentra + swap ka. or galant gti. at least no more hassles.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    the engine might be good for 180kph but is the car capable of handling it?

safety first!
    yup... just put in an oem spoiler on it... oks pa naman...

from our club's fun run report... up to 220kph daw...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :o

Yup, very capable ! We were in a convoy before. The fastest among the group was even doing 220kph++. It was even the earlier 323 sedan. Most, if not all, were hitting 190kph++. There were no vibrations (as the owners really maintain their car right) whatsoever. It might be a different story with the KIA but I think it's no different with a starlet being fitted with a 4AGE, isn't it ??

I've seen the one at the harbor it is even fitted with a beefier engine but the owner still claims it is still manageable. OF course, it's just a straight line so I know it would be different on the streets. Off-shore owners of the Festiva (Kia Pride here) boasts of same maneuverability as with the 323 hatchbacks, the rare GTRs.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung project car, engine swap na yan!!! i believe si KIADOHC daily ride nya yung pride nya..patulong ka sa kanya,very helpful yan sa protege peeps
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

thanks mga peeps!! safety nga ang priority ko, but i don't really run above 105kph often kaya di ko masyado magagamit yung extra HP from the engine. I just want extra power for city driving.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Comments on the Engine Swap for a Kia Pride