New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I'm planning something with my 1996 Kia Pride CD-5. Its either I sell it for P70,000 (neg) as is, or engine swap it. Engine swapping might be with a Mazda 1.6L B6 engine (323 engine).

I would like to know sana if what would be the things na papalitan if ever gawin ko ito, like the transmission,etc.... and where I can find a shop that does the conversion and installation. How much din sana aabutin and if its a very good decision.

I read before sa mga posts on someone who done the same to a Kia Pride, sa Rmode yata yon. Sana you can help me! Thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung kaya i engine swap, go for it. Basta maayos ang kalalabasan at walang sakit sa ulo. Pero baka lumipad ka sa tulin niyan. Magaan ang kaha ng Kia Pride. Nung college ako yan din gusto kong gawin sa Kia Pride CD5 ko. Kaso naubos sa sounds ang pera ko kaya di ko nagawa.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just my opinion, but I say save your money and spend it on a better project. Unless you're doing most of the swap yourself, it sounds fairly expensive, and very time and labor intensive.

The P70K + potential costs on the engine swap would make for a good downpayment on another (newer and hopefully faster!) car with a more robust platform to start out with and wider aftermarket support.

Again, just my personal opinion. If you do plan to push through with the project, best of luck to you. And let us know how it turns out!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It will be fast but a lot will be left out when you talk of the brakes, safety, and suspension upgrades IMO. Stability might also be a problem as the car has a short wheelbase.

I'd go with the suggestion of the others to use another car for a engine swap project.

My two cents.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    onga pala i wasnt thinking of the safety aspect. Magaan talaga kaha ng CD5. Pero kung ipangdrag race mo lang at hindi pang service ok pa siguro. Pero ipangdown mo na nga lang ang 70th sa mas stable na auto.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipogi
    I'm planning something with my 1996 Kia Pride CD-5. Its either I sell it for P70,000 (neg) as is, or engine swap it. Engine swapping might be with a Mazda 1.6L B6 engine (323 engine).

I would like to know sana if what would be the things na papalitan if ever gawin ko ito, like the transmission,etc.... and where I can find a shop that does the conversion and installation. How much din sana aabutin and if its a very good decision.

I read before sa mga posts on someone who done the same to a Kia Pride, sa Rmode yata yon. Sana you can help me! Thanks!!!
    I have seen an engine swapped Kia Pride and it is fast but it doesn't handle very well, probably due to improper suspension setup (or lack of options for such) or too much weight in front with its new heavier engine.

An engine swap would cost you around P30,000 - P50,000. Not really worth your money unless you want a "sleeper" for drag racing purposes only.

It might be better to sell the Kia and get a bigger car to setup, like Corolla with a 4AGE 16/20v engine or Sentra with a SR20DE or SR18VE/SR20VE engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sell it then buy a more nimble car

ok thanks!!! parang mas ok nga ibenta ko na lang.....napamahal lang kasi sa akin ito dahil this is my real first car eh!

actually i have another car na pero share it with my dad sometimes...but i do plan to buy another car with just a P170thou budget. The plan is for a 1991 Toyota Corona 2.0GL.

Ok ba itong car na to???? its small, compact, and got a 2.0 punch....toyota pa....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    phillipogi...

go for the engine swap... point your browsers to www.protegetech.org and go to the forms page, look for the posts of KIADOHC... he too did that kind of project...

mura lang ang B6 engine namin... 10k yata or something...

plus, the Kia Pride is really a rebadged Mazda 121, so mukhang pwede talaga...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My friend had a 91 Corona dati. Putek mahina makina or it was just his unit. Pakiramdam ko mas mabilis ang Mazda 323 doon eh. North Diversion nag max out at 150 kmh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Comments on the Engine Swap for a Kia Pride