New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi... I hoe anyone can help me

about three days ago, biglang umilaw ung "check engine" sa qq ko... although wala naman naman akong naramdaman na difference sa performance ng engine., i decided to just turn the engine off then on, and the light disappeared... i also discovered that after driving the car for quite some distance, then pag mainit talaga ung panahaon, saka siya iilaw...

then it started to happen again the next day.... and i decided to bring the car sa casa...

the lead mechanic ran some tests, using a computerized system., and sabi niya sa akin, nasira daw or may problema ung "OXYGEN SENSOR" (un daw ung nagchecheck ng level ng oxygen/nitrogen sa exhaust???) ...

but he advised me na despite that problem, OK lang daw gamitin ung auto .... i decided to order that "part" from them, para maayos na siya.. sabi sa akin mga P2,000 daw un...

I hope anyone could give me insights regarding this, and if that could really be the problem.. Thanx in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by frustrated_Cute View Post
    Hi... I hoe anyone can help me

about three days ago, biglang umilaw ung "check engine" sa qq ko... although wala naman naman akong naramdaman na difference sa performance ng engine., i decided to just turn the engine off then on, and the light disappeared... i also discovered that after driving the car for quite some distance, then pag mainit talaga ung panahaon, saka siya iilaw...

then it started to happen again the next day.... and i decided to bring the car sa casa...

the lead mechanic ran some tests, using a computerized system., and sabi niya sa akin, nasira daw or may problema ung "OXYGEN SENSOR" (un daw ung nagchecheck ng level ng oxygen/nitrogen sa exhaust???) ...

but he advised me na despite that problem, OK lang daw gamitin ung auto .... i decided to order that "part" from them, para maayos na siya.. sabi sa akin mga P2,000 daw un...

I hope anyone could give me insights regarding this, and if that could really be the problem.. Thanx in advance!
    sorry.wala ako alam sa qq..but diba under warranty and car mo? bakit you have to pay the part?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yeah, clearly a factory issue. The QQ hasn't been out too long and it takes years or at least 50,000 km minimum before an O2 sensor fails.

Also, the early failure of the sensor could indicate more problems with the engine. Please read the following article to familiarize yourself of this sensor's important role and things that can dramatically shorten its service life: http://www.repcotrade.com.au/go/news...oxygen-sensors

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mura na yan mas maganda ipagawa mo na sa kanila , siguro naman confirmed na yung tech jan

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sabi kasi sakin, ang covered lang ng warranty eh major parts.. pag consumable parts, eh dapat bayaran..

nakakainis nga eh, kc nabasa ko ung article, eh minimum of 50tkm dapat bago siya masira, unelss under special circumtances...

pero sana naman un lang ung problem, kakainis talaga pag brand new auto mo, then may masisira..

thanx!

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    sorry.wala ako alam sa qq..but diba under warranty and car mo? bakit you have to pay the part?
    i think this should be a warranty claim. please verify and assert for that... i presume your QQ was used in normal running conditions, isn't it?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    yes it was... ill try to talk to them once the sensor has arrived... thanx

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sensors are not consumable parts. Its should really be a warranty claim. Assert your right.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Sensors are not consumable parts. Its should really be a warranty claim. Assert your right.
    O2 sensors are consumable parts. As mentioned earlier, they have a typical lifespan of about 50T km (non-heated) and 80T Km (heated).

However, if the O2 sensor failed way way below it's expected MTBF, you should try to get it replaced under warranty.

If it fails again sooner than expected, there's a bigger underlying problem with the engine or fuel.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    That's what you get for buying Chinese cars. Their unproven reliability is a serious risk.

Our Toyota Corolla has 170,000 mileage and it still has the original O2 sensor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Chery QQ 1.1 (Check Engine Light)