New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    i agree with this..
    I actually want to sell it sana at eto ang pinakamaganda na option. The problem is that the car is under bank loan. Not sure how I can sell it in this situation. I don't have cash naman to pay off entire amount. Is there a way to sell it if it is currently under bank finance?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    You can sell it. With the buyer assuming the balance of the loan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    OT: I can't seem to understand why you had to buy the car prior to leaving the country for a year? You could've just bought it after you came back and saved the car from a year's worth of devaulation.

BTT: Don't forget to lubricate the window channels and weather strips with silicone spray or grease. A light coat should be enough to prevent the windows and doors from sticking.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    OT: I can't seem to understand why you had to buy the car prior to leaving the country for a year? You could've just bought it after you came back and saved the car from a year's worth of devaulation.

BTT: Don't forget to lubricate the window channels and weather strips with silicone spray or grease. A light coat should be enough to prevent the windows and doors from sticking.
    Thanks for the good to oj88.

On why I bought the car...let us say, something unexpected or some opportunity came that I did not know at the time I bought the car

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    You can sell it. With the buyer assuming the balance of the loan.
    Assume balance....my name would still be the one in the bank contract, right? so that means i am still liable. if the buyer default in payment, it is my record that will be compromised.

Or is there a legal process/document that can be followed to ensure that i am completely not liable even though my name is in the contract?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by laserbim View Post
    Assume balance....my name would still be the one in the bank contract, right? so that means i am still liable. if the buyer default in payment, it is my record that will be compromised.

Or is there a legal process/document that can be followed to ensure that i am completely not liable even though my name is in the contract?
    If you found yourself a deal regarding the sale of your car, have it done sa bank where you secured your car loan, they will know what to do.

Our experience with assuming the balance of a car, the seller pulled out his PDCs (post-dated check) from the bank and replaced it with our check (us personally handing it over to a bank/loan representative), with it also is the deed of sale. Kaya if ever may sumablay na monthly payment, yun naka pangalan na sa new checks ang mananagot.

The seller also provided us with an Authorization letter and Special Power of Atty (granting us power to secure the documents with regards to the car after finishing the loan).

But this was 4 years ago, ewan ko kung same pa rin ang process. Different banks do different things.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    If you found yourself a deal regarding the sale of your car, have it done sa bank where you secured your car loan, they will know what to do.

Our experience with assuming the balance of a car, the seller pulled out his PDCs (post-dated check) from the bank and replaced it with our check (us personally handing it over to a bank/loan representative), with it also is the deed of sale. Kaya if ever may sumablay na monthly payment, yun naka pangalan na sa new checks ang mananagot.

The seller also provided us with an Authorization letter and Special Power of Atty (granting us power to secure the documents with regards to the car after finishing the loan).

But this was 4 years ago, ewan ko kung same pa rin ang process. Different banks do different things.
    Was the bank contract revised to reflect your name instead of the seller? Or was a new contract created and then the old one voided?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by laserbim

Best thing to do is have your prospective buyer to secure a new loan from whatever banks then use that proceed pay off your loan... So wala ka na pakialam Sa carbloan niya... Sahil settle na yun loan mo Sa bank mo.

Wala pakialam bank Sa buyer mo kahit meron kayong side contract na assume balance siya, ikaw kausap ng bank at hinde siya, they wil also not allow replacing your PDC cheques to that of your buyer.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Best thing to do is have your prospective buyer to secure a new loan from whatever banks then use that proceed pay off your loan... So wala ka na pakialam Sa carbloan niya... Sahil settle na yun loan mo Sa bank mo.

Wala pakialam bank Sa buyer mo kahit meron kayong side contract na assume balance siya, ikaw kausap ng bank at hinde siya, they wil also not allow replacing your PDC cheques to that of your buyer.
    Last time we did it, they allowed replacing the checks.

The bank would rather have somebody else continue the loan than confiscating the car.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5

Last time we did it, they allowed replacing the checks.

The bank would rather have somebody else continue the loan than confiscating the car.
    What bank? How will the bank allow it w/o knowing the credit standing of the buyer? that's against all the policy...

They probably allowed it but loan is still under the original applicant... So whaever happen to the loan the original party will and still answersle to the bank...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Checklist: if your car will not be used for a long period (months)