New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My check engine light has lit up! What could possibly the reason?

I've check the oil in the engine and the dip stick indicates that its between the min and max levels. I think this is ok. All other fluids like the brake and power steering fluids are at max level. What else could be the problem?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    oil sending unit

try to have it check, usually its a indication that your oil pump is not working or has a problem.

have it checked or else ull be sorry hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Happened to me about 2 months ago with my Caravan.

Try this...open your gas cap for 5-10 minutes...then close it back..make sure to close it tightly...that should do it...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    what vehicle?

andy

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dembi
    My check engine light has lit up! What could possibly the reason?

I've check the oil in the engine and the dip stick indicates that its between the min and max levels. I think this is ok. All other fluids like the brake and power steering fluids are at max level. What else could be the problem?

Thanks!
    hello dembi!

what car do you drive? I experienced this with my new toyota after checking that all is fine. the dealer told me to disconnect the negative pole of the battery for 3 mins to reset the error message. if problems still persist I suggest you have it checked immeditely baka me problema talaga..
    Last edited by accs; April 7th, 2005 at 12:11 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    nadoleng ako akala ko yung oil lamp sign

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my car is a honda civic vti 99 (A/T)...

the check engine usually lights up after 15 minutes of driving.

then, then i turn off the engine and start again the light goes off. but agter another 10 to 15 minutes of driving, the check engine light goes lit again!

the car is running smoothly, except that recently, my idling isn't that stable. i thought its probably because of the air-con. My idling sometimes drops a bit making the car shake, then it goes up again to normal.

could this be the sign?

Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Check the oxygen sensor.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    send it in to your favorite casa, you need an engine diagnostic computer to check it. lots of good guesses in the above posts but all are just that. to pin point it bring it in and have a full diagnosis by having them plug your engine diagnostics terminal to their engine diagnostics computer.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    dirty throttle body?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Check Engine light is on!