New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub
    send it in to your favorite casa, you need an engine diagnostic computer to check it. lots of good guesses in the above posts but all are just that. to pin point it bring it in and have a full diagnosis by having them plug your engine diagnostics terminal to their engine diagnostics computer.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    unfortunately bye bye 3K ata agad sa saksak hehe.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    9 out of 10 times, the CEL is caused by a loose fuel cap.

However, tightening the cap will not reset the light. You need to visit the dealer for that.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    what's the mileage reading on your car? cel indicates one(or more) of the engine's emissions control systems may have a problem. your oxygen sensor or catalytic converter(if equipped) may need to be replaced. you can bring it to the dealer or you can use an obd code reader to determine the error code.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And do not refuel with the engine running. The ECU on OBD II vehicles can sense the fuel cap is opened and will trigger the CEL.

Faulty sensors also trigger the light. So be sure to check them before replacing some pretty expensive parts.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    panay hula nyo! pag check engine light isa lang ginagawa dyan, kinakabit yan sa engine diagnostics computer tapos may lalabas na error code (usually a number, like "error 32", etc.) sometimes there will even be several error codes. pag nakita ng mechanic yung error codes alam na nila kung ano i-check. so instead of making hula-hula, pa-check na yan. di yan pwede sa tabi-tabing mekaniko, dapat dun sa may engine diagnostics computer.

kung mahilig ka mag-diy, e di bili ka ng laptop and the engine diagnostics program, tapos may data cable na kinakabit dun sa car ecu to the laptop computer. pag on mo ng ignition switch (at syempre running na yung program) lalabas na yung error code sa comp. tapos may reference na kasama dun sa computer program na bilhin mo at malalaman mo na ano i-check mo.

hula-hula wala naman kayo sa hawaii.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    usually, a check engine light indicates a problem with emission control. just have it diagnosed at your dealer

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    dembi, bring it to any Honda Casa ASAP. My ride is a '96 Civic VTi A/T, this happened to me 3 years ago. When I had the casa check the CEL, they found out that the timing belt back plate got melted for some unknown reason. After replacing the back plate, the CEL never lit up again. Up to now, it's still a mystery why it melted when my car didn't overheat prior to that problem.:confused:
    Last edited by Automahn; April 8th, 2005 at 11:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    had the same problem with my 99 civic lxi before...nagCEL sya tapos eratic yung idling...marumi pala yung IACV ko...have it checked sa CASA agad

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    panay hula nyo! pag check engine light isa lang ginagawa dyan, kinakabit yan sa engine diagnostics computer tapos may lalabas na error code (usually a number, like "error 32", etc.) sometimes there will even be several error codes. pag nakita ng mechanic yung error codes alam na nila kung ano i-check. so instead of making hula-hula, pa-check na yan. di yan pwede sa tabi-tabing mekaniko, dapat dun sa may engine diagnostics computer.

kung mahilig ka mag-diy, e di bili ka ng laptop and the engine diagnostics program, tapos may data cable na kinakabit dun sa car ecu to the laptop computer. pag on mo ng ignition switch (at syempre running na yung program) lalabas na yung error code sa comp. tapos may reference na kasama dun sa computer program na bilhin mo at malalaman mo na ano i-check mo.

hula-hula wala naman kayo sa hawaii.
    i agree on this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Check Engine light is on!