New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    it seems to me that long term maintenance -- e.g. repair, paghanap ng mekaniko, etc -- ung main problem with EFIs, not fuel efficiency per se...although it's also worth asking kung gaano kadalas ba nasisira ung ECU/electronics ng EFI. pagkakaalam ko is kung grabeng baha't naabutan ng baha ung ECU.

btw, is there such a thing as "replacement" ECUs/sensors/etc for EFIs? kumbaga parang replacement vs. OE na shocks or sparkplugs, for example. i'm stuck on carb pa kasi, though i'm not really complaining B)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This getting OT, pero the best bet is simply an ECU from surplus to fit your carb set-up.

Alternative ko sana nuon was to put an O2 sensor sa manifold, then when I tune the carb, I'll be using the read out ng O2 sensor kung stoich ang fuel mix.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    between EFI and CARB, it really boils down to what the owner or driver can do to achieve fuel efficiency and reduce maintenance
    whether carb or efi, matic or manual, hatchback or sedan, newbies, diy's, or mechanics, or what have you...
    tsikot is always here to help...
    right guys?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    No "replacement" ECUs, but surplus can go between 10-20k, depending on the car. Brand new ones are 40k+. (I know all this from experience. ).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe pala EFI...a brand new carb won't even reach P10k...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ...speaking of carbs, I just ordered an Edelbrock Carburetor for my '67 mustang. I was pleasantly surprised that it comes with a 36-page manual which details how to tune and trouble shoot the carb. hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    how much na ba ngayon ang aisan na carbs na bago?

by the way. the money oyu save on fuel may be the price you pay pagnasira ECU mo hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT magkanu kuha mu sa edelbrock mo?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    go Carb go!

Masakit talaga efi pag dating nang sira-an..

ouch! ECU po ba nasira?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    doesn't look like we'd have much of a a choice in the future though; puro EFI na rin ung naglalabasan ngayon eh.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast