New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para maiba....fuel efficient din ang carb...kung laging naka tune up, maliit ang jets at medyo sakal (naka force close yung 2nd barrel)....matipid (pagganito set-up) mag-consume ng gas pero hindi ka itatakbo ng mabilis...hehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    para maiba....fuel efficient din ang carb...kung laging naka tune up, maliit ang jets at medyo sakal (naka force close yung 2nd barrel)....matipid (pagganito set-up) mag-consume ng gas pero hindi ka itatakbo ng mabilis...hehehe

unfortunately a carb can only be tuned for a specific atmospheric condition. So a carbed engine that runs perfectly on a dry warm day in metro manila will have problems when its a cold rainy day in tagaytay.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    EFI- fuel efficient, more power because of the ECU, low maintenance, better sounding especially kapag naka K&N ka.hehehe
    downside is kapag nag loko, mahirap gawin, nobody can do it for you if you get stuck in the middle of nowhere, if the ECU fails, your dead meat.

CARB-easier to fix, high maintenance, any quack mechanic can fix it just for you to get home to your warm cozy bed, fuel efficiency depends on the tuning, engine often times smell like spilled gasoline

hehehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    EFI, the only problem that you will encounter with EFI engines are the expensive sensors that gives life to the engine other than the ECU.

electrical system of the whole EFI thing will bother you but the concept of air and fuel are almost the same, the difference when it comes to fueling is that with the use of fuel rails, fuel are sent unto the cylinders on its firing order... unlike in CARB all cylinders are given fuel at the same time... making it less efficient.

both systems have proz and conz...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EFI is only as goods as its computer box and sensors...failing/dying O2 sensors for example will give wrong readings and thus give wrong signal to the computer box.

So hindi pa rin 100% fool-proof na matipid ang EFI set-up.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    that is, if may problem ang EFI system mo. i'm for EFI. tama si banaweonline, better sounding ang EFI pag naka-K&N. matipid ang EFI, kasi once you reach a cruising speed, pag di mo tinapakan ang accelerator pedal, ang pagkaka-alam ko minimal lang inject ng fuel to the chamber.

kaya lang, na-experience ko one time, dumumi ang throttle body ko. erratic ang andar. di ko tuloy malaman ang gagawin ko. i thought faulty ECU.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by futbolero
    tanong ko lang kung ano yung mas fuel-efficient and less maintenance, carb-type engines o fuel-injected?

thanx!
    I would have to respect the opinions of the EFI gurus and supporter on the board...but with the emphasis on "less maintenance"....I'd still go for a properly tuned carburator vs an EFI.

...ang maintenance cost ng sira/faulty/palitin na sensors or even ECU's ng EFI (usually happens when your car gets old/more than 100,000kms) is very costly compared to a carburator...often times they would resort to buying surplus which is not even that efficient.

...if your EFI bug-down, chances are hatak lang ang option mo, ang carb pede mong makalikot on site and you're back running in a few minutes. Mas marami ka ring makukuhang mekaniko to work on it unlike an EFI run engine.

I have a starlet on a carb, a nissan sunny pick-up on a carb, a dodge colt 71 on a carb (with a 1400cc saturn engine)...all these cars would give me a 13-14km milleage AS LONG AS they are properly tuned. To think these cars are probably older than most of the people on this board.

DIYer ako, I tune my own cars' carb/engine...it was only difficult sa simula but now its not.

I would admit that EFI has the technology to save fuel and be more efficient. But to say that an EFI system would automatically be synonymous with fuel efficiency, I don't think so.

Look at the honda jazz...it's not simply because it is EFI that's why it do 26km/L....the engine is the technology too di ba.

Compare an old EFI car mileage...chances are they would not exceed 14km/L mileage. I am sure that old EFI car would not be older than my 71 Dodge Colt.

just my 2 cents. peace out.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    IMO mas okey talaga CARB kpag nagkaprob kasi a few minutes andar ka na nman uli..
    EFI tapos ka dyan kpag computer ang nagwawala ma iwan ang car mo.. hehe.

pero depende talaga yan kpag always updated ka sa maintenance ng car mo.. maiiwasan din nman yan ang mga problemang ganyan..

My vote is carb.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    syempre iba pa din ang practicality ng carb. pero syempre lahat nagbabago. darating ang panahon isa na lang novelty ang ating pinakamamahal na carb engines.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    carb pa rin!hehehehe

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast