Quote Originally Posted by Andy Daniel View Post
Looking for advice from car expert friends here. Gist is I have a car electrical technician who owns his own shop say one thing and my Casa (car dealer) say another thing needs to be done. My predicament is who do I listen to?

If you are still reading along, details are: Honda City 2014. Push button start. electrical technician said there is a malfunctioning grounded terminal in my car alarm causing my battery to drain. No problem with my starter. He said bring it in to the Dealer to have Alarm electrical checked. Dealer said, your Starter needs to be replaced because your solenoid (or some technical sounding thing) is already corroded.

I am torn who to listen to. Any suggestions?
you did not mention what your symptoms are.
shall i assume, "car does not start, but rapid click click click is heard" ?

if so,
that's the symptom of a weak battery.
if your solenoid were the fault, all you might hear would be one weak click.

what to do?
charge your battery. if you don't have a home charger, that would be a 2000 peso problem. but if your car is an automatic, then buying a home charger is a good idea.
charge the battery for about 15-30 minutes. then try starting the car.

another possibility, is that your battery is old and needs replacing. how long has that battery been in service? did it come with the car, from the factory? at 5 years, i think it has "earned its right to die".
a check with the battery shop is in order.

a third possibility, is that you do have a big parasitic charge. some gadget in your car is using a lot of electricity, even as your car is doing nothing in your garage. in the morning, your battery is too weak to start the engine.
a good auto electrician can check this for you.

last,
in many cars, when the solenoid is at fault, only the solenoid gets replaced.
heh heh.

good luck.