New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung click sound relay yun. Pumapalo yung relay pero di nagreredondo due to 1 or more of the following:
    1. Loose or dirty battery terminals. Retight and clean.
    2. Low battery voltage. Maybe bad charging system, or battery already not charging. Napalitan na ba ng battery?
    3. Starter solenoid contacts damaged. This is the most probable cause in your case since you said the lights do not dim when you try to start the car (i am assuming tama description mo ha). Pag on ang headlights at di nag-dim pag start mo then that is a good sign the starter solenoids are not making any contacts at all.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Yung click sound relay yun. Pumapalo yung relay pero di nagreredondo due to 1 or more of the following:
    2. Low battery voltage. Maybe bad charging system, or battery already not charging. Napalitan na ba ng battery?
    3. Starter solenoid contacts damaged. This is the most probable cause in your case since you said the lights do not dim when you try to start the car (i am assuming tama description mo ha). Pag on ang headlights at di nag-dim pag start mo then that is a good sign the starter solenoids are not making any contacts at all.
    i'll add Check/Replace Ignition Key Contact.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i'll add Check/Replace Ignition Key Contact.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    I noticed 2 days ago my car wont start, everytime I tried turning it on all I hear is a rapid clicking sound (almost sounds like an electric taser). I also noticed that lights dont dim, windows roll down fine, radio works, even the alarm system is ok. So I got a few people to help push my car in order to jump start it and I was finally back on the road, when I got home, I revved it a few times and ever since then its been starting without any problems. So I have been wondering what caused that issue? and do any of you think I should get it checked? or was it just some sort of glitch? Could it possibly be because of rain, cos I noticed that it rained a bit heavily during that day so wondering if it was a factor, cause I dont know much about cars and what I would like to avoid is bringing it to a shop and get told by some hustler mechanics that my problems are this serious when actually its not, so I prefer to consult some of you guys here before making a decision
    pag click lang, radio, windows and alarm is working and lights are sort of getting crazy, battery yan.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    I noticed 2 days ago my car wont start, everytime I tried turning it on all I hear is a rapid clicking sound (almost sounds like an electric taser). I also noticed that lights dont dim, windows roll down fine, radio works, even the alarm system is ok. So I got a few people to help push my car in order to jump start it and I was finally back on the road, when I got home, I revved it a few times and ever since then its been starting without any problems. So I have been wondering what caused that issue? and do any of you think I should get it checked? or was it just some sort of glitch? Could it possibly be because of rain, cos I noticed that it rained a bit heavily during that day so wondering if it was a factor, cause I dont know much about cars and what I would like to avoid is bringing it to a shop and get told by some hustler mechanics that my problems are this serious when actually its not, so I prefer to consult some of you guys here before making a decision
    Is your car an automatic check if your shifter is positioned in P and D

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Maluwang na battery terminal.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pag nasa p or d ang shifter there won't even be a click.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Looking for advice from car expert friends here. Gist is I have a car electrical technician who owns his own shop say one thing and my Casa (car dealer) say another thing needs to be done. My predicament is who do I listen to?

If you are still reading along, details are: Honda City 2014. Push button start. electrical technician said there is a malfunctioning grounded terminal in my car alarm causing my battery to drain. No problem with my starter. He said bring it in to the Dealer to have Alarm electrical checked. Dealer said, your Starter needs to be replaced because your solenoid (or some technical sounding thing) is already corroded.

I am torn who to listen to. Any suggestions?

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Daniel View Post
    Looking for advice from car expert friends here. Gist is I have a car electrical technician who owns his own shop say one thing and my Casa (car dealer) say another thing needs to be done. My predicament is who do I listen to?

If you are still reading along, details are: Honda City 2014. Push button start. electrical technician said there is a malfunctioning grounded terminal in my car alarm causing my battery to drain. No problem with my starter. He said bring it in to the Dealer to have Alarm electrical checked. Dealer said, your Starter needs to be replaced because your solenoid (or some technical sounding thing) is already corroded.

If sabi ng electrician na consult mo was that may "battery drain" na issue lang. My question, so nung nag jumper ka ng new/okay battery umandar na agad kotse or hirap pa din mag redondo?

May clicking sound ba per this thread title or none?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Daniel View Post

does the battery actually get drained when your car is not used? if so, then the electrical technician might be correct. i don't think a corroded solenoid would drain your battery unless you try to crank your engine until maubos battery.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Battery drain yan.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast