New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I noticed 2 days ago my car wont start, everytime I tried turning it on all I hear is a rapid clicking sound (almost sounds like an electric taser). I also noticed that lights dont dim, windows roll down fine, radio works, even the alarm system is ok. So I got a few people to help push my car in order to jump start it and I was finally back on the road, when I got home, I revved it a few times and ever since then its been starting without any problems. So I have been wondering what caused that issue? and do any of you think I should get it checked? or was it just some sort of glitch? Could it possibly be because of rain, cos I noticed that it rained a bit heavily during that day so wondering if it was a factor, cause I dont know much about cars and what I would like to avoid is bringing it to a shop and get told by some hustler mechanics that my problems are this serious when actually its not, so I prefer to consult some of you guys here before making a decision

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Ngyari na to sakin dati nagpalit nga ako ng batt gnun p rin nag loose lng pla ung begative terminal ko ppntang body grounding yun ok na and i pay 200 sar for that tightening of that bolt hahaha learn from experience din

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    I noticed 2 days ago my car wont start, everytime I tried turning it on all I hear is a rapid clicking sound (almost sounds like an electric taser). I also noticed that lights dont dim, windows roll down fine, radio works, even the alarm system is ok. So I got a few people to help push my car in order to jump start it and I was finally back on the road, when I got home, I revved it a few times and ever since then its been starting without any problems. So I have been wondering what caused that issue? and do any of you think I should get it checked? or was it just some sort of glitch? Could it possibly be because of rain, cos I noticed that it rained a bit heavily during that day so wondering if it was a factor, cause I dont know much about cars and what I would like to avoid is bringing it to a shop and get told by some hustler mechanics that my problems are this serious when actually its not, so I prefer to consult some of you guys here before making a decision
    ano klase gid kutsi mo ya?
    what is the make model mileage and service history of your car? has this happened before? what was the frequency of the event of the no-crank condition? does it have an anti theft system?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    what is the make model mileage and service history of your car? has this happened before? what was the frequency of the event of the no-crank condition? does it have an anti theft system?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The recent rain could have caused your alternator belt to slip and as a result the battery was undercharged. You can try going to a car battery shop and ask them to test the system.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the clicking sound is from the relay. fyi. relays do fail....not sure what your exact problem is.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Its a 2008 hyundai getz, very well maintained, 100k mileage, newly changed oil, first time this happened to my car, and only happened once ever since the heavy rain, and yes it has an alarm system

Also thanks to those that gave suggestions, Ill have the battery taken a look at, maybe the cable got loose, or the alternator belt may have slipped.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    have a cranking current draw test done and while doing that, observe the battery voltage at the battery terminals. the voltage while cranking must not drop below 10 volts. there is a possibility that the rain water might have intruded into the starter motor causing corrosion or sticking carbon brushes.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    maaring sa battery terminal.maluwag.or sa alternator na minsan nag chacharge.at minsan hindi,.

or madumi na ung starter mo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

maaring sa battery terminal.maluwag.or sa alternator na minsan nag chacharge.at minsan hindi,.

or madumi na ung starter mo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Relay yan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast