New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ExROLLA View Post
    [SIZE=4]+1... check first your PCV system if it needs to be replaced... had an "affair" with a corolla 90 for ten years... one time, i noticed oil in the air filter and air pressure with white smoke coming out of the hose connecting from the valve cover to the air filter... consulted a mechanic... the immediate judgement: "blow by" na ang engine mo sir!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]i was not convince because the car was running good - - no black emission and relatively good fuel consumption... read in another forum about this PCV system... had my PCValve replaced and problem solved...[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]Wala naman ganun problem yong sasakyan sir katulad ng sayo. maganda din ang FC nya. yun lang talaga ang talsik lang ng oil sa oil cap ang napansin ko the rest is ok. nagtanong ako sa mechanic ok lang naman daw yon maganda nga daw ang engine pag ka ganun tumatalsik ang langis sa oil cap. pero yong sa kasama ko na naka galant vr4 hangin lang ang lumalabas sa oil cap nya as in hangin lang walang trace na langis whatsoever. normal ba eto sa mga rolla na old models sir? BTW, san nga pala nakalagay ang PCV system, sa labas o loob ng makina? .... TIA[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    for a gl corolla engine - this naturally spews oil because the scissor valves are near the cap. it differs form a 2e engine because of the location of the valves

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    for a gl corolla engine - this naturally spews oil because the scissor valves are near the cap. it differs form a 2e engine because of the location of the valves

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    In any SERVITEK SERVICE CENTER I presume they can conduct compression test.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I agree. And another signs of loose compression if U're not a professional mechanic, the idling of the vehicle is ERATIC. Meaning, sometimes normal afterwards low or high. Next is the tail pipe of the vehicle, a white smoke is coming out. The ERATIC idling of the vehicle is very noticeable when U switch on the airconditioning unit of your vehicle. To the extent the engine will die down. Furthermore, use also vacuum tester. Said tester will also help U and confirm the condition of ur vehicle.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    for info lang po,hindi blow by ang tumatalsik na oil sa oil cap ng ae92.there is a worm gear located underneath that cap kaya natural na tatalsik oil kapag binuksan.hindi pro na mechanic yang nagsasabi ng ganyan.sa dip stick test pag me tumalsik na oil un ang blow by since gas engines are low compression engines.

-experienced toyota engine tuner,10 yrs-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Blow by!!!