New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Help naman po with my Mits GLXi 94 matic- excessive black smoke at mahina po humatak pag nkabukas ang aircon. Sbra lakas din sa gas 5 km/l lang ave ko. Nanginginig din sya pag nkaon aircon pero pag wala aircon ok naman sya. Ano po ba dapat ko pagawa? Help naman po.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jglocsin View Post
    Help naman po with my Mits GLXi 94 matic- excessive black smoke at mahina po humatak pag nkabukas ang aircon. Sbra lakas din sa gas 5 km/l lang ave ko. Nanginginig din sya pag nkaon aircon pero pag wala aircon ok naman sya. Ano po ba dapat ko pagawa? Help naman po.
    Bro, my suspicion is that your car is running with super rich air/fuel ratio. the black smoke is caused by unburned fuel. It can be that there's something wrong with your EFI needs or maybe your air filter is so clogged that your air intake is being choked, thus comsuming a lot of fuel. just my two cents.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ano po dapat ko pgawa d2 sir. Sabi kc sa casa palit daw servo un ba tlga cause nun. Tnx

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    get a second opinion. bring your car to Raymond Sarol. use search.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi...

Black Smoke (too much Gas - unburned)
    White Smoke (too much Oil - unburned)
    Grey Smoke (too much of both - unburned)

Your car is using too much gasoline...

Your engine management system or computer is telling your injectors to inject more gasoline than the usual 14:1 air to fuel ratios.

What are the possible reasons why your engine computer is doing this?

1. Oxygen Sensor (defective) - Your Oxygen Sensor tell the amount of oxygen coming in to your engine... if this is not telling correctly... then your computer will not give the correct ratios of fuel to your engine.

2. Clogged Air Filter Elements... - well, you need to clean them often. When the filters are clogged, therefore, not enough air or oxygen is able to get inside your combustion chamber, therefore - you will have more fuel than air... resulta - black smoke.

3. Foul Spark Plugs - If your candles are not strong enough enymore.. then chances are - you will have weaker combustion... since our gasoline are slow burning fuels... a strong igniting spark plug will make it burn faster. (secreto ng mga kumakarera)

With the above items... you will be able to see where your problem is coming from.

REMEDIES for Do it Yourselfers:

1. Replace or Service your O2 Sensors. (Madugo ata ang presyo nito... if your need to replace it). If you buy an EFIE (EFI enhancer)... you will spend also... but, you can control the fuel and air mixture to your discretion... and you can have the option of running more leaner mixture... a must in todays cars para makatipid. and Lastly, the most economical way... is to wrap Aluminum Foil around the sensors... normally you will find one sensor the exhaust manifold... balutan lang ng Alum foil.. tie it up with copper wire... at least mga 5 layers... this wil heat up the O2 Sensor, and will fool your engine computer - telling it to reduce injecting gas. Because a heated up sensor means... there is more Oxygen in you engine, therefore, the injectors need to put lesser gasoline.

2. Clean your filters... better, replace it with velocity or ram flow stacks... or pipe.. (shimota, Iceman or Local). This will provide more ir into your engine... and will mean lesser gasoline.

3. Replace your spark plugs... or treat it with NewOil... so that it will be Carbon Deposit proof... Carbon Deposits stick to our plugs like cement... when this happens.. hihina ang spark nito. Not unless you protect it with NewOil... it is a metal treatment that cleans and protects your plugs from carbon deposits. Kahit basain mo spark plugs with NewOil - gagana pa rin ito. (My secret in Racing. since 1996)

I hope the above tips helps and enlighten.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    have it MUT'd in casa, mura lang naman. check if there is anything wrong with the maf and servo. normally those 2 will cause the problems you mention.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    sir napa mut ko na po nid daw po palitan ang servo. Just want to make sure na un nga ang sira ng auto mejo mahal po kc e. Will it improve my fuel economy? ano po ave FC ng glxi 94 matic? May ntingnan na ko mitsu prim 6500 brand new servo + 1k labor. Ok na ba un? Tnx!!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sounds about right to me price wise.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Medyo cheap na nga 6500. Other stores sell it for twice the price.

Try getting a second opinion from highly recommended Mitsu mechanic Raymond Sarol (search mo na lang contact details nya sa tsikot). He might be able to repair your servo.
    Last edited by JohnM; May 22nd, 2008 at 09:42 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    more inputs naman po before ko finally pagawa ang auto jaz want to make sure na mgiging ok sya after pgawa. TNX!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Black Smoke Mits Glxi