New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 88 of 117 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post

Hobbies N' Stuff - with physical store

I followed the link of this one, and there's Lazada link which I also followed, and I ended up with a selection of cabin filters. There's only one brand that uses the word "genuine", while the rest are just the car's brand.

Everything else is priced at less than 700 Pesos, except for this "genuine".

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I followed the link of this one, and there's Lazada link which I also followed, and I ended up with a selection of cabin filters. There's only one brand that uses the word "genuine", while the rest are just the car's brand.

Everything else is priced at less than 700 Pesos, except for this "genuine".

Bought mine 2 cabin filters for toyota and honda less than 300 each.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deestone View Post
    Bought mine 2 cabin filters for toyota and honda less than 300 each.

at that price, it's probably fake.
    but i'd do it, too.
    cabin air filter lang naman, eh.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but i'd do it, too.
    Considering that old cars don't have one...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Considering that old cars don't have one...
    Old cars didn't need one since the pollution at that time was not as worse as we have right now, just like the old cars before 1920s have no oil, fuel & air filters.

They added it to cars above 2005 because the air quality is getting worse especially in China and Southeast Asia.

In Japan mas cleaner air quality but they still replace their cabin filters. While the Philippines especially in areas where there are a lot of old vehicles running such as L300 old model, Tamarraw FX, Adventure, Crosswind, jeepneys, very old trucks & etc... are highly polluted you can even smell the diesel fumes from the air in Baguio by just walking on the streets. Hindi na same as before ang Baguio where you can smell the aroma of fresh pine trees, now you just smell the horrible diesel fumes.

Europe, North America, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea & Japan are 1st world countries which are strict when it comes to toxic emissions and have less polluted air are replacing their cabin filters with high reputation brands and to think that comparing their air quality index with third world countries such as ours makes you wanna think of it seriously.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    but i'd do it, too.
    Yup and just replaced it once a year and you are done.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Old cars didn't need one since the pollution at that time was not as worse as we have right now, just like the old cars before 1920s have no oil, fuel & air filters.
    They added it to cars above 2005 because the air quality is getting worse especially in China and Southeast Asia.

In Japan has cleaner air quality but they still replace their cabin filters. While the Philippines especially in areas where there are a lot of old vehicles running like Tamarraw FX, Adventure, Crosswind, jeepneys, very old trucks & etc... are highly polluted you can even smell the diesel fumes from the air in Baguio by just walking on the streets.

Europe, North America, Taiwan, Singapore, South Korea & Japan are 1st world countries which are strict when it comes to toxic emissions and have less polluted air are replacing their cabin filters with high reputation brands and to think that comparing their air quality index with third world countries such as ours makes you wanna think of it seriously.
    Had a 2002 Civic, the 1st time I learned that cars required cabin filters, and several years later pa and only by accident, because we had it cleaned and the store offered us cabin filters. I was shocked na may ganon and that Honda put filters on it. It was also then, that I learned of the phrase, "if equipped" [emoji23]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Had a 2002 Civic, the 1st time I learned that cars required cabin filters, and several years later pa and only by accident, because we had it cleaned and the store offered us cabin filters. I was shocked na may ganon and that Honda put filters on it. It was also then, that I learned of the phrase, "if equipped" [emoji23]

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Nung 2009 bumili kami ng vios and my sister got a jazz. Di pa cabin filter nun. May slot sa cabin filter pero wala naman nakalagay ma filter.

Wala rin mabilhan noon kahit sa casa

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    If you dont have a cabin filter just make sure the front passenger side mat is clean and free from dust that is what I always do although I have aircon filter installed.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Nung 2009 bumili kami ng vios and my sister got a jazz. Di pa cabin filter nun. May slot sa cabin filter pero wala naman nakalagay ma filter.

Wala rin mabilhan noon kahit sa casa

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    our 2005 innova diesel didn't have aircon filter.
    aircon guy had to cut a hole in the plastic housing in front of the glovebox, so we can insert a filter inside, where it sat well naman.

Best Oil/Fuel Filters