New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    normal lang talaga mag-wewet ang battery in time?

pero kung laging basa masama na yon, diba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    check mo rin palagi ang white acid build-up sa terminals at sa bolts&washers sa ilalim ng patungan ng battery. corrosive kasi ito and you can remove them by hosing it with water & brushing it with an old toothbrush at the same time. tapos spray some wd-40 para hindi na madali kapitan ulet nito.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no it is not normal for the battery to be wet. that liquid is most probably battery acid. when the battery is overcharging (due to high charging voltage) then the release of hydrogen is faster. this produces more bubbles, and as a consequence produces acid mist.

have your alternator checked, baka defective na ang voltage regulator. the charging voltage should not go above 16.6 volts.

the ff applies to all 12 volt lead-acid batteries:

minimum charging voltage = 12.9 volts (lower than this the battery will not charge)
    optimum charging voltage range = 13.8 - 14.7 volts (the normal setting of a car regulator)
    maximum charging voltage = 16.6 volts (above this the battery will lose water. even higher and the acid will begin to mist, causing the battery to become "wet".)

for a 24 volt battery, just multiply the values by 2.
    Last edited by yebo; June 21st, 2007 at 11:28 AM.

ok naman charging, kakapagawa/ko lang,e..

12.5-14.1 lang lang laro ng charging,e... pachek ko lang din yung battery, bumababa to 12.1-11.9 pag matagal di napatakbo ang sasakyan,e...di nagreretain ng charge,e...

wala naman naka-direct on sa battery..or grounded circuit..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    matanda na battery mo?

my dad works with industrial grade batteries. i've been to his workplace, and he told me that when the battery bubbles, it means its starting to deteriorate.

in short, matanda na daw battery.

totoo bato?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
battery water bubbles when the engine is running...