New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2020
    I had an experienced with js asakashi c-0076 installed on my mux 2017 2.5 mt 4jk1-tc. The anti drain back valve (ADBV) did not work, the oil in the filter will go back to the sump after resting for 8 hours. The oil filter is horizontally installed in the engine. For your info mga bossing.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by waldnerdoe View Post
    I had an experienced with js asakashi c-0076 installed on my mux 2017 2.5 mt 4jk1-tc. The anti drain back valve (ADBV) did not work, the oil in the filter will go back to the sump after resting for 8 hours. The oil filter is horizontally installed in the engine. For your info mga bossing.
    have you been using this particular brand/model for long?
    san nyo po nabili?
    is it possible, you are using a fake item?
    Last edited by dr. d; January 9th, 2021 at 09:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    have you been using this particular brand/model for long?
    san nyo po nabili?
    is it possible, you are using a fake item?
    worry ko baka OK naman yung brand, pero rep nung kalaban na brand

https://www.tsikot.com/forums/search...rchid=10948411

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by waldnerdoe View Post
    Would be interesting to know how you came up to that conclusion.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Would be interesting to know how you came up to that conclusion.

eto yun testing na ginawa bro

Good Oil Filter and Oil

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    As with anything, some works better than others.

IMO.... again, my opinion. I think the ADBV works best with the filter mounted vertically or near-vertical, with the thread at the bottom. Gravity will pull the oil down and force the ADBV closed. With the filter mounted horizontally, there's less force applied in closing the ADBV, so expect some oil to seep back out the inlet holes.

Also, oil permeates through the filter media and if you remove the filter, oil will leak out the outlet port. That's normal.

And last thing, the oil typically flows as such....

Sump > pump > filter > oil galleries > moving parts > sump

When you turn off the engine, oil left in the galleries, moving parts, and most internal engine surfaces, flows back to the sump. That's the reason you get a higher dipstick reading when the engine has not been running for a while. The "extra" oil did not all come from the oil filter.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    As with anything, some works better than others.

IMO.... again, my opinion. I think the ADBV works best with the filter mounted vertically or near-vertical, with the thread at the bottom. Gravity will pull the oil down and force the ADBV closed. With the filter mounted horizontally, there's less force applied in closing the ADBV, so expect some oil to seep back out the inlet holes.

Also, oil permeates through the filter media and if you remove the filter, oil will leak out the outlet port. That's normal.

And last thing, the oil typically flows as such....

Sump > pump > filter > oil galleries > moving parts > sump

When you turn off the engine, oil left in the galleries, moving parts, and most internal engine surfaces, flows back to the sump. That's the reason you get a higher dipstick reading when the engine has not been running for a while. The "extra" oil did not all come from the oil filter.

bro ibig sabihin nagkamali assessment si waldnerdoe?
    medyo naparanoid din kasi ako sa post nya kasi last year gumamit din ako nung brand na yun for my vios

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am wondering,
    if the oil filter draining issue is a significant one,
    why don't car manufacturers design engines with oil filters mounted vertically, with the thread up?
    that should solve dry-filter syndrome.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    bro ibig sabihin nagkamali assessment si waldnerdoe?
    medyo naparanoid din kasi ako sa post nya kasi last year gumamit din ako nung brand na yun for my vios
    I have no experience with that oil filter.

Anyway, ganito lang yan.... oil filters are relatively cheap. If you're not confident with one brand/model, you can try a different one and see if it works better for you. But you should adhere to two things: The oil filter must be from a reputable brand...not to mention, genuine. 2nd, it should be designed or compatible to your vehicle.

Personally, I'm satisfied with Wix for my 2.5 Innova Diesel. They're a reputable brand and many reviewers online who have cut them open gave it good grades. Though, I must admit that haven't gone through the actual testing myself but then again, if these oil filters were anything but good, we would've heard something about them causing engine failures. But I have seen none of those so far.

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    I have no experience with that oil filter.

Anyway, ganito lang yan.... oil filters are relatively cheap. If you're not confident with one brand/model, you can try a different one and see if it works better for you. But you should adhere to two things: The oil filter must be from a reputable brand...not to mention, genuine. 2nd, it should be designed or compatible to your vehicle.

Personally, I'm satisfied with Wix for my 2.5 Innova Diesel. They're a reputable brand and many reviewers online who have cut them open gave it good grades. Though, I must admit that haven't gone through the actual testing myself but then again, if these oil filters were anything but good, we would've heard something about them causing engine failures. But I have seen none of those so far.
    thanks bro!
    wix na yun na order ko from bro crazy_boy good for 1 year (3 pcs) hehehe
    if di ako nakakakuha ng filter from bro cb, OEM binibili ko from casa para sure din

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast