New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    nice, orly, I've linked that article myself on other forums... it's a MUST READ FOR ANYONE concerned with cars.

Even if these "miracle" devices actually worked, step back and think about it... Car Companies may cut costs... but if they can charge you an extra Php 40,000 for something that will cost them only Php 5,000.... why NOT put in these Php 5,000 to Php 10,000 devices which they can then charge you Php 20,000 more for, and proclaim that they have the most fuel-efficient or powerful vehicles in their class?

I can just imagine Mitsubishi adding one and saying "our new Lancer 1.6.... the cleanest, most fuel efficient and most powerful in its class!
    15 km/l and 135 hp!!!" (which would be the result if the claims for ANY MIRACLE DEVICE were actually TRUE)...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by eco
    why does it bother you mr. ghosthunter? it should amaze you, instead. ordinary people (architecht or not) who are not even educated can produce wonders.

so... answer me this... what does being an architect have to do with pollution control, etc. And if you avoid directly answer ALL the questions, it just means you are a scam or a faker or both.

"produce wonders"... yup, I'm wondering what you and he is scamming at the moment.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    niky, sa'yo ko nakuha yung article na yun sa PT. nakikita din kita nag-a-argue sa nissanbayan about VICS/VRIS. :D

i just quoted it here (instead of just the link) because a lot of people won't bother clicking on the link. medyo stupid nga yung mga reasoning nung isa dito. following that reasoning, we should ALL be amazed at carpenters....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've been racking up my brains in trying to understand this EGO post combustion device for over half a day here in the office. here's my theory:

the dual-venturi system is quite interesting. from their explanation, this device ensures that all spent gas, carbon deposit, unburned fuel is sucked out completely. how? by means of introducing low pressure at the ego device and thereby it "speeds up" the flow of gasses from the combusion chamber onwards. what am not sure is if enough pressure is reduced by the EGO device given the length of the exhaust pipe to warrant a "scavenging" action.

(side note: AFAIK, a venturi is being used in carb engines to draw more fuel by constricting air passage, thereby reducing air pressure)

to note: this DOES NOT increase the air being sucked in at the intake manifold. this only ensures that the the combusion chamber is "optimally" conditioned for the next combustion cycle by minimizing or even totally eliminating the amount of spent gas still inside the combustion chamber before the next round of fresh air is introduced. so, this DOES NOT just dilute the exhaust air being measured by rather it ensures optimal engine burning.

after a few seconds of running the engine, the EGO device would start working in what it claims to do. well, given that the amount of fuel being dumped is still correct.

what I don't get is this explanation by add616reneb:
    [quote]About 60% - 80% of pollutants are reduced. Carbon monoxide produced by the combustion is reverted back or oxidized again to carbon dioxide within the venturi section of the device where the secondary oxidation takes place. Hyrocarbons (HCs) are significantly lowered also.[/b]
    how can a second oxidation take place within the venturi section? this explanation doesn't just make sense. or maybe add616reneb is also a bit confused about their own product.

well, what I've just postulated is purely theoretical. kindly develop on this and correct the errors.

my conclusion:

- a rolling-road test should be conducted.
    - newer, gasoline engined cars should also be included (to determine the effects of a cat & ECUs)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll correct your error if you don't mind. wag pikon ha.

your understanding of the venturi effect is in reverse - you had mistakenly assumed that the decrease in pressure will be on the exhaust pipe but that is where the driving pressure is coming from. that is wrong.

a venturi device creates low pressure on the the WALLS of the venturi, not on the entrance of the venturi where the flow is coming from. in the case of the EGO the pressure supply side is the exhaust pipe. the resultant low pressure is on the manifold where the air enters.

as in the carburator, the driving force in the venturi is the incoming air flow. the resultant decrease in pressure is in the fuel nozzle. it sucks the fuel up the nozzle, it does not increase the air flow by creating a vacuum in the venturi section of the carb.

if this still confuses you, back to basics tayo.

a decrease in pressure will result on a surface where there is incident tangential air flow. that is, a flow of fluid parallel to a surface results in a decrease in pressure on that surface. that is how a piece of paper laid flat on top of a glass table will get blown by wind from the glass table. the flowing air over the paper creates a decrease in pressure (or vacuum effect if you will) on the surface of the paper, thus the paper lifts up from the glass top then gets blown away by this same air flow.

this same principle is the same for the venturi. a flow of fluid in a pipe that has a hole perpendicular to the pipe longitudinal creates a vacuum on the hole. this is because the hole cross section is tangent to the air flow. another version of the venturi is vacuum by increasing the discharge diameter. in this case the hole can be parallel to the air flow. but since the walls of the bigger diameter discharge is in vacuum then the hole is also in vacuum.

now this involves "work". work involves energy. creating this vacuum on the walls of the venturi needs energy, agree ka ba? where does this energy come from? in case of the carburator, it is the pumping/suction action of the pistons on the open intake manifold. in the EGO it is the exhaust gas being pumped out by the piston on the open exhaust valves. so if it involves the consumption of energy, does it not follow that it is in effect a constriction on the exhaust? so again the effect claimed by the inventor is actually the reverse of what is considered fact in long accepted science.

kuha na how the venturi works? agree ka na that it in fact creates a constriction and not a scavenging effect? the resultant increase in mass flow rate due to the induction of air in the EGO actually results in more work for the engine to pump out the exhaust gases.

period.
    Last edited by yebo; August 23rd, 2004 at 09:07 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    isa lang makakasagot sa lahat ng yan. at hindi discussion. kung hindi demo. kung may actual results na makikita, i am sure closed topic na ito.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    isa lang makakasagot sa lahat ng yan. at hindi discussion. kung hindi demo. kung may actual results na makikita, i am sure closed topic na ito.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ang saya! saya!

ilan yung mga first time post sa thread na ito?... madami yata hehe..

at least nawala stress ko ng mabasa ko itong thread

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    kung gusto ng manufacturer ng EGO bigyan nila ng tigiisa yung mga masters natin dito sa tsikot para matest kung totoo nga yung sinasasabi nila. siguro naman after a few weeks makikita na kung totoo ngang may savings sa fuel consumption. yun ay kung makakaghintay sila nang ganun katagal ...he,he,he...
    suggestion lang naman. kung ayaw nilang mabuko, di wag na lang...:twak:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    so... answer me this... what does being an architect have to do with pollution control, etc. And if you avoid directly answer ALL the questions, it just means you are a scam or a faker or both.
    redundant.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
anti-smoke emission and fuel-saving device