New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Jopao
    hi guys, am a newbie here. a friend has referred me to another gas saver. he calls it turbomizer. want to know what you think about this. I have not installed one in my car because based on what ive read in this forum and the link to www.fuelsaving.info (thanks to tsikot.com) it seems this is another airbleed type of gadget.

check out www.turbomizer.com

thanks for any feedback.
    yup, its an airbleed device. it even looks kinda homebrewed from the finish. I could just guess that inside that metal can is a big scrubbing pad acting as a filter... ;)

Update: I've txted the contact numbers listed on the device. I got a reply:

"Intro cost is P3000.00. Prefer not to install on computer controlled fuel injected engines though. Ok on simple fuel injection. Thanks for your interest in my fuel saver."

I would pretty much comment the "inventor" for being honest about the device working on carb and basic efi engines.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; December 6th, 2004 at 09:09 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Khaos = P6500
    Turbomizer = P3000

Simota filter with tube kit = P2400
    Simota filter = P1200

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Instant Air-Bleed nga nalang...

T-connector: P50
    Simota Breather: P500

:D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Alfalfameister
    It may save fuel, but what are the side effects? No one measures NOx here, it seems. Anyway, I am not refuting his invention, but I suggest everyone read up www.fuelsaving.info and get good info from there.

RE: Biodiesel...

Okay, yun, refridgerator. Kaya lang, baka ma-inom pa -- oh well, non toxic naman diba? Heheh. But I will try refridgerating that.

I don't normally join tsikot/kotse activities, except maybe race with Auto_Xer from time to time.... Darn, I think he's faster na than me... Well, he was Rookie of The Year last year, and is runaway winner for RP-11 RallyCross this year... (Oks ba build up, Auto_Xer?).

But I WILL claim my free bottle, thank you very much... heheheh...

Very informative: www.fuelsaving.info
    :nerd:
    Last edited by add616reneb; December 9th, 2004 at 09:54 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by lapu
    Due to the "scavenging effect", the device acts like a vacuum cleaner which sucks out all the unburnt fuel, carbon deposits, etc. within the exhaust system all the way to the combustion chamber. The subsequent incoming air plus the fuel mixed to its ideal "stoichiometric ratio" resulting to almost near perfect burning, hence the increase in power and fuel savings.

<<<<< add616reneb,
    i can't agree with you on that.... there is no way that after combustion any pressure coming from the tail pipe goes back all the way to the combustion chamber, during, intake, compression & power stroke, all the exhaust valves are close does & during exhaust stroke the amount of pressure release from the combustion chamber cannot in anyway be restricted by any atmoshperic pressure, does the >>> "the device acts like a vacuum cleaner which sucks out all the unburnt fuel, carbon deposits, etc. within the exhaust system all the way to the combustion chamber."<<< would not happen. not until if there is another pipe that leads all the way to the intake manifold which has a recylces effect but then... instead of clean air to the combustion chamber... marumi ang inihigup na hangin.
    To understand furher how the "EGO" device works through the "venturi" principle, let us make a Comparative Performance Analysis between the Standard Exhaust System (A) without and (B) with the the device:

A. Without Device (Standard Exhaust System)

In the Conventional Exhaust System, exhaust gas is forced-out from the engine’s combustion chambers by the force of the pistons’ exhaust stroke, accumulating this hot discharge in the exhaust manifold with synchronized pushing into the exhaust piping system, passing through the catalytic converter (if equipped), resonator, muffler and finally exits out through the tail pipe, in unrestrained noxious exhaust emission. This, nevertheless is widely accepted by the Automotive Industry as its Standard Exhaust System at the expense of health and environment.

CARBON AND FUEL WASTES REMAINING INSIDE THE COMBUSTION CHAMBERS AFTER THE EXHAUST STROKE, THOUGH MINIMAL IN VOLUME, RETROGRESSIVELY AFFECT THE ENTRY OF THE SUBSEQUENT AIR-FUEL MIXTURE SINCE THE COMBUSTION CHAMBERS REMAIN A BIT CONGESTED OF UNBURNT FUEL WASTE AND CARBON DEPOSITS, ALTERING THE STOICHIOMETRIC AIR-FUEL RATIO FROM ITS SUPPOSED IDEAL MIXTURE, CONSEQUENTIAL TO SIGNIFICANT POWER AND TORQUE LOSS AND WASTEFUL INCREASED IN FUEL COMSUMPTION.

B. With”EGO” Device (Adapted to Standard Exhaust System)

Adapting the “EGO” device with the present Conventional Exhaust System by installing (full-weld) at the tip of the tail pipe, these progression of events happen within the system:

1. It increases tremendously the exhaust’s flow velocity effected by partial vacuum caused by the “venturi” and the jetting-effect enhanced by scavenging, or pulling action inside the device in conjunction with exhaust stroke;
    2. The “EGO” device sucks and pull-outs instantaneously all the combusted and waste (unburnt) fuel including carbon deposits inside the combustion chambers by the improved scavenging process. Scavenge is the sucking action that exhaust from one cylinder has on drawing from another cylinder. “It is similar to when you see leaves tumble down the road and observed following behind a passing car”. As a result, the subsequent intake of fresh fuel into the combustion chambers is assured to be in its ideal mixture or in the homogeneous state of “stoichiometric” air-fuel ratio for more efficient, full power combustion;
    3. Furthermore, the resulting effect of the exhaust emission’s increased velocity flow passing rapidly through the exhaust piping system and the “EGO” device, causes partial vacuum in its “venturi” section, which automatically draws-in atmospheric air inside the device. In this process, oxygen from the inducted air reacts with the hot gases of the exhaust; thus, further partial oxidation of the unburnt hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide take place, and in consequence, converts these noxious gases into harmless carbon dioxide, water and traces of nitrogen as they are expelled-out clean and friendly to the atmosphere.

There is really no need for another pipe, as you mentioned and there is no atmospheric pressure restricting the pressure released from the combustion chambers but rather they both work in conjunction with each other resulting to a more effective automatic scavenging process due to the double 'Venturi" design of the "EGO".

The "EGO" is at its best performance after the second week, when much of the carbon deposits have had already been dispersed out from the engine’s combustion chambers thru its enhanced spontaneous scavenging function. This is best evidenced when a non-turbo Pajero Model 1998 owned by Mr. Casey Domingo of Quezon City was installed with the "EGO".
    Initially ,without the device the vehicle failed when it was tested last Oct. 21, 2004 at Eurolab Pacific Int'l. Corp. The Opacimeter Ave. Result was a high 16K (Failed). Following day, with the "EGO" installed, the result became 6.06K (still Failed but much lower). After one week on Oct. 28th 2004, the reading registered at 4.01K (still Failed but a little lower). Finally last Nov. 5th 2004, the vehicle 'Passed' the emission test at 1.51k! This clearly indicate that the "EGO" really works: the longer , the better!
    Last edited by add616reneb; December 9th, 2004 at 10:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    "In this process, oxygen from the inducted air reacts with the hot gases of the exhaust; thus, further partial oxidation of the unburnt hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide take place, and in consequence, converts these noxious gases into harmless carbon dioxide, water and traces of nitrogen as they are expelled-out clean and friendly to the atmosphere.

Hmmnn.... my opinion is that dilution is much more likely than oxidation........ and since the opacimeter measures the amount of light transmitted through the medium (exhaust gas) relative to the incident radiation, any amount of dilution with a transparent medium (i.e. air) will result in higher transmission
    ( Beer-Lambert's Law) .... so the venturi effect only serves to draw in fresh air (diluent).... (Bernoulli's Principle).

and dilution cannot clean the exhaust....it can only mask.... much like adding more water to orange juice until the color is barely visible...

btw, NOx can be converted to elemental nitrogen (N2) via a "reduction process" only and NOT by oxidation....(General Chemistry)

Cheers!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    3. Furthermore, the resulting effect of the exhaust emission’s increased velocity flow passing rapidly through the exhaust piping system and the “EGO” device, causes partial vacuum in its “venturi” section, which automatically draws-in atmospheric air inside the device. In this process, oxygen from the inducted air reacts with the hot gases of the exhaust; thus, further partial oxidation of the unburnt hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide take place, and in consequence, converts these noxious gases into harmless carbon dioxide, water and traces of nitrogen as they are expelled-out clean and friendly to the atmosphere.
    can you explain how atmospheric air will react with CO & HC to form CO2 , H20 & N2?

if what you are claiming is correct, then the exhaust gases coming from a vehicle not equipped with your ego device will do the same? unless your device is similar to a catalytic converter.

===============

btw, have you heard of the a merge / venturi collector that is being used sellectively by pro-racers? it is a device also operating on the venturi effect, but in this case this is installed right after the headers and before the exhaust system. this is a customized job (costing around $1000) since the fittings to the headers have to be matched to prevent slippage.

check out this site: http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/0304_merg/

on their mild setup race car, it is already has a 517 whp. when the device was installed, it yielded 528 whp or around 11 whp difference or a 2% difference.

now... since your device is installed at farthest most point of the car to the engine, what guarantee can you give that the exhaust velocity gained from the venturi effect will take have any effect on the engine given that your device is installed 2 meters away from it?

and do you have any data on dyno testing before and after installing yoru device?

btw, they are also giving out this advice:

Dynatech doesn't claim its merge collectors to be a magic, out-of-the-box bolt-on. In fact, if a combination has been optimized with standard collectors, Dynatech cautions that it's possible to "overscavenge" the exhaust when switching to merge collectors. This is why the company suggests additional camshaft testing may be necessary to get the best results from a merge-type collector. While 20-plus-horsepower gains are common, it's also not unheard of for a merge collector to initially lose horsepower or torque if it upsets the balance between the camshaft timing and engine airflow. Stepping up to a merge collector is a process best carried out on an engine dyno.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Didn't we go over this all back on page kopong kopong?

rene, stop beating a dead horse.

The venturi effect CANNOT happen unless the exhaust pipe is straight through. That's why there are usually minimal power gains when racers/ricers change their mufflers to the free-flow type... you have to change the whole system to ensure proper scavenging.

The so-called venturi effect that the EGO could produce would only last till the first kink of the muffler... (there are usually three)... it's not going to do anything at all.

And the venturi effect will not cause oxidation of the unburnt fuel in the exhaust. The only way you can do that is with a spark plug stuck to the tail pipe... for that flaming effect, a la 2Fast2Furious... :D

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mr. ECO why dont answer MR. YEBO's questions...WE also have the right to know,,,you have all the time to try convince us ....please..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    just proper tuning.... w/out any crap...

http://perfectlynerd.com/pics/fx-emission1.jpg
    warning: image is 4.0MP

If I can have such results, i'm sure everybody else can with proper tuning... and not wasting money using any of those "anti-smoke emission" devices DAW, but doesn't really work....

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
anti-smoke emission and fuel-saving device