New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Hindi naman gumagalaw ang "sucking end" ng fuel system, eh. Kahit full tank pa iyan, sa bandang ilalim pa rin naman ng fuel tank sumisipsip ng fuel. So, kahit full or almost empty tank, there is almost no difference in the amount of dirt being sucked in. Unless of course, you always fill it up with dirty fuel which adds a SIGNIFICANT amount of dirt on every fill up.

I say it's okay. Besides, hindi naman sagad sa ilalim ng tank yung hose na panipsip, may allowance pa rin naman iyan para sa sludge build-up.
    I was only able to see some inside layers a toyota townace fuel tank. and I believe sa bandang ilalim nga. peru hindi sa "pinaka" lalim. because when we emptied it, cleaned it and put it back with 6 liters. when we start it, the ride gives prelude to air lock signs with the 6 liters, even revving it long, on a straight surface. so we top it with additional 5 liter and then it runs fine.

so this particular ride will never run out dry. it will stall the engine with atleast a few liters still left inside the tank.

for other rides I don't know though...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi naman gumagalaw ang "sucking end" ng fuel system, eh. Kahit full tank pa iyan, sa bandang ilalim pa rin naman ng fuel tank sumisipsip ng fuel. So, kahit full or almost empty tank, there is almost no difference in the amount of dirt being sucked in. Unless of course, you always fill it up with dirty fuel which adds a SIGNIFICANT amount of dirt on every fill up.

I say it's okay. Besides, hindi naman sagad sa ilalim ng tank yung hose na panipsip, may allowance pa rin naman iyan para sa sludge build-up.
    Yes, it doesn't move but the sediments are heavier than the fluid they are suspended in so they remain at the bottom of the tank as long as there is a healthy amount of fuel in it. However, as the fuel/fluid goes down, then the system will start sucking dirt that were originally associated with the fuel at the bottom of the tank.

This is the reason I stall the Benz when I drive it below one fourth. After cleaning the filter and refuelling, I'm OK again.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and if some particles and/or few ml/drops of water happen to float, natural pwede masipsip ito mas mabuti pa ring sa gitna sumipsip/kumuha ng fuel kesa sa ibabaw. yan ang bentahe ng maraming laman.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I've been doing this for several years na rin. I could run as far as 120km more before re-fueling again.

The concerns here are residual dirts from the bottom of the tank getting sucked and passed your fuel filter then clogging your injectors. You know what will happen next when the clog really builds-up afterwards.

Well, as long as you religiously follow your fuel filter periodic change and having fuel-up on a reliable station, there is less to worry.

Clogged-up injectors occur very rarely if not remotely.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kakalawangin ang tangke mo... And it will aggravate to the dirt and sediment in the fuel / line issue....

7202:bruce_lee:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The principle of preventing rust build up in the fuel tank somewhat relates to the amount of fuel inside it. The more fuel you have, the less space there is for moisture to stay in. So if you constantly run with low fuel, then you've got a lot of dead airspace inside the tank, and we all know it's very humid back there.

Humidity inside the fuel tank causes rust, which causes more debris to form. This is also the same reason why, when storing a car for a long time, owners fill the tank to minimize the moisture inside.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    The principle of preventing rust build up in the fuel tank somewhat relates to the amount of fuel inside it. The more fuel you have, the less space there is for moisture to stay in. So if you constantly run with low fuel, then you've got a lot of dead airspace inside the tank, and we all know it's very humid back there.

Humidity inside the fuel tank causes rust, which causes more debris to form. This is also the same reason why, when storing a car for a long time, owners fill the tank to minimize the moisture inside.
    Thanks I have learned a lot of things from you guys. Happy new year

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    -whewww! me too... i learned a lot!!! thanks guys...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yes, it doesn't move but the sediments are heavier than the fluid they are suspended in so they remain at the bottom of the tank as long as there is a healthy amount of fuel in it. However, as the fuel/fluid goes down, then the system will start sucking dirt that were originally associated with the fuel at the bottom of the tank.

This is the reason I stall the Benz when I drive it below one fourth. After cleaning the filter and refuelling, I'm OK again.
    plus 1 kay otep.

mas madami din ang higop na dumi pag konti gas na laman.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yeah.. just follow the rule of thumb regarding refueling:

-refuel when the indicator is around 1/4 already.
    -put in fuel that fills at least 3/4 of the tank.

Then you will 100% ok. Of course, be careful where you filled up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Always Running on Low Gas, what are its damaging effects?