New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have the habit of running on low gas, that is, nag-red light na ang gauge ko. I run for as long as around 10 km before my next gas fill. But I never had an occasion na naubusan talaga ako ng gas. Is there any adverse effect on this on the engine?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If the car is old, it will pick up the sediments and grime at the bottom of the tank...

Or if you push your luck and the car stalls...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You might run out of gas like what happened to me in the Jimny (buti na lang in front of Petron Visayas Avenue).

Or your engine will suck in the dirt at the bottom of the fuel tank. Just hope you have a good fuel filter. But even that can get clogged prematurely.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    You might run out of gas like what happened to me in the Jimny (buti na lang in front of Petron Visayas Avenue).

Or your engine will suck in the dirt at the bottom of the fuel tank. Just hope you have a good fuel filter. But even that can get clogged prematurely.
    Thanks. What how many liters ba ang reserve sa gas tank, after mag-red light na sya?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the vehicle. See the owner's manual. On the Patrol (with a 95l fuel tank), it usually equates to around 10L. On smaller cars, a 5L reserve is the norm but better to countercheck with your manual first.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Depends on the vehicle. See the owner's manual. On the Patrol (with a 95l fuel tank), it usually equates to around 10L. On smaller cars, a 5L reserve is the norm but better to countercheck with your manual first.
    Mine is an Innova gas. The manual says its 55 fuel tank, so ilan kaya dun and reserve after mag-red na fuel gauge?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga 5-10 liters yan, IMO gagamitin mo rin naman might as well sanayin na sa 1/4, 1/2 or even full tank palagi para iwas latak.
    Last edited by XTO; January 1st, 2009 at 11:08 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Mine is an Innova gas. The manual says its 55 fuel tank, so ilan kaya dun and reserve after mag-red na fuel gauge?

This is my reply in the Innova thread:

Around 10 liters. Malayo pa ang mararating mo bago mag-totally empty. Theoretically, if your FC is 10 kpl, you could still travel for about 100 kilometers.

Please check my experience here.

:eat: [SIZE="1"]3994[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hindi naman gumagalaw ang "sucking end" ng fuel system, eh. Kahit full tank pa iyan, sa bandang ilalim pa rin naman ng fuel tank sumisipsip ng fuel. So, kahit full or almost empty tank, there is almost no difference in the amount of dirt being sucked in. Unless of course, you always fill it up with dirty fuel which adds a SIGNIFICANT amount of dirt on every fill up.

I say it's okay. Besides, hindi naman sagad sa ilalim ng tank yung hose na panipsip, may allowance pa rin naman iyan para sa sludge build-up.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    another thing kapag palaging tuyo ang inner wall ng tangke natin mas prone ito sa moisture build up lalo't malamig panahon. again kung pwedeng palaging may laman why not para iwas impurities.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Always Running on Low Gas, what are its damaging effects?