New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    UNGAS, PAJEROKID, KCboy:::Kaya I like to replay our level 2 run natin sa PORAC
    Ito ba yung kasama ako? Gusto ko din ng replay!

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sorry for the delayed response, I was kind of busy yesterday. By the way, thanks for all your inputs, I really appreciate it. Anyway, the reason I was inquiring about adding an intercooler was mainly because I already noticed that the hood had the ducting necessary for adding an intercooler and it would be a good idea to make use of it since it was already there. Actually I'm not really into offroading, another reason I wanted the extra power was because the Pajero is our main family car and since we go up to Baguio often and haul a lot of stuff, I figured it wouldn't hurt to have that additional power for the trip.

One question though, how difficult and expensive would it be to get all the parts/components necessary for the upgrade? I'd like to keep everything to factory spec and use as little fabrication as possible. Also, where can I get the parts I would need for this project?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ikabod,
    A surplus intercooler complete with fan and brackets costs 8500 at banawe, question is if you can find one, most of the shops that sell surplus engines there won't part with the intercooler with out the engine. I just got lucky that a shop had a 4D56 TDIC engine that took in water so the engine was no use, chop chop na I got the intercooler.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yellow::: youre one lucky guy! :D diba you bought woodfire's engine? Anyways, 8500 is a good price for an intercooler assembly :D goodluck in finding one ikabod!!!

Otep, Alfred::: Parang gusto ko ay level 1.5 lang hehehe :D magastos sa ball joint hehehe :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,
    Yep I got woodfires engine, swerte ko nga sa intercooler may fan pa! sariwa pa yung fan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pajerokid,

Lower balljoint lang naman ang most probable na masisira sa off-roading, eh. Don't bother replacing the upper ones para iwas gastos. Yung upper balljoint basically has no load on it. It's only there to keep everything in place.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks again for all the advice you guys mentioned. I'll probably just be on the lookout for an intercooler kit. I hope I'm as lucky in finding as you were Yellow.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks again for all the advice you guys mentioned. I'll probably just be on the lookout for an intercooler kit. Yellow, I hope I'm as lucky in finding one as you were.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm replay is in the works!!!

next year ba ninyo gusto???

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ikabod,
    I'll be dropping by banawe this week, I'll try to look for one, I'll post here if I do find one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Adding an intercooler to a 4D56 turbodiesel engine