i don't usually post here because i know that my problem could have been discussed already but after weeks of searching i still can't find any thread having similar situation as mine.so here it goes.

i have a corolla 91 with a 4afe(2nd gen) engine(16 valve efi).my problem is this,when idle,the car is fine but when i try to accelerate,it dies.it dies along depressing the clutch while pressing the accelerator.but it moves,just a bit.

Note: a week ago,i had this problem as well,hard acceleration then engine vibration.i cleaned my throttle body and iacv,changed air filter and added injector cleaner on my gas then it went away.but a clicking sound when depressing the clutch replaced it.i brought it to a mechanic to fix the oil leaks.he replaced the oil seals and timing belt,cleaned the fuel filter and adjusted the clutch.after those,this problem occured.he said i should bring it to a technician because it's the servo.btw,the clicking's already gone.

i don't know if i'm gonna believe him.i thought to myself it was fine before i brought it there.could it be that the clutch was just incorrectly adjusted?

oh,one more thing.i noticed that when he cleaned the fuel filter,he ran pressured air through its "intake valve" then the "exit valve"(just my terms).hindi ba dapat dun lang sa labasan so the residues it filtered ay mabalik palabas?pag dun kasi sa intake,lalong madidiin yung mga dumi sa filter.bka nasira or nagbara na s'ya ng tuluyan.

tomorrow i'll check the spark plugs,high tension wires and vacuum hoses.

sorry for a very long post and thanks in advance!