New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    yup, 4JX1 sensitive in engine oil type and fuel quality. This is where coco diesel makes a difference- less smoke, more power.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this engione's sakit is the injectors will always f#*K u up. trust me guys, i know a lot of ppl who has a trooper with that same engine some 4x4, some 4x2, its always the same injector problem. the engine just suddenly would not start.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There is some cases where in tama si KCBOY (can't argue with that bro)

Pero the prob with 4JX1 engine though it is so powerful, fuel efficient the injection valves has problem.. medyo di kaya ang dumi nang fuel sa atin..

if I were to choose between a 4JX1 to 4Jg2 engine.. dito na ako sa latter.. kahit mahina ang HP niya pero napakadali i troubleshoot..

but still proper maintenance is still the key... medyo ultra migthy morphin sensitive ang injectors niyan... ewan ko ba nga naman sa diesel fuel natin...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    what if they use diesel from the smaller oil companies, yung hindi locally refined diesel, mas cleaner ba yun? pati yung shell clean diesel ba di parin ganun ka-clean?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boknoy,

kahit mahina ang 4JG2TDIC (125HP) sa 4JX1-TC (160HP)

adequate naman ang power niya
    at di hamak naman na mas matulin siya kesa 2.5 at 2.8 na TDIC

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Originally posted by KCboy
    this engione's sakit is the injectors will always f#*K u up. trust me guys, i know a lot of ppl who has a trooper with that same engine some 4x4, some 4x2, its always the same injector problem. the engine just suddenly would not start.
    Ano po nangyari sa mga kakilala mo na nagkaproblema sa injector nila? How did they fix the problem? Kasi I was basically decided to get a 2nd hand trooper, nagpapahanap ako sa bayaw ko, ayun, siya nagkwento tungkol doon sa trooper ng common friend namin. Sa inis niya, parang nagbitaw ng salita na ibebenta na lang daw niya. It's a 03 trooper. Meron na rin daw 02 trooper casa maintained so may options ako. But with what happened... back to square 1 na naman

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kaya naman talaga, dalawang shell station ako nagpapakarga ng diesel, plus alaga talaga sa change oil

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ur engine will not start period!!!!!!! once the injectors are screwed. time to pay up, 47,000 big ones. this was last year pa. im sure taas na yan....

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Given the experience (47,000 pesos), looking back, would you recommend pa rin getting this engine? Or the conscious effort required given the special oil needed plus the dirty pinoy diesel and cocodiesel option that means you have to put every fill up, are these enough to justify buying a trooper with this engine?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope!!!!!!!the trooper was casa maintained all the way til now and ganun pa din ang nangyari. d kaya talaga ang dirty diesel. kaya i'm staying away muna from commonrail diesel engines.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
4jx1-tc engine