New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Hi guys. Update lang.

Pardon the "beyond repair" term i used. Actually i haven't seen the engine physically.

My dad saw it, gasgas daw talaga yung cylinder. Hindi pa nabuksan yung ilalim pero the mechanic is expecting worst.

Yan ba yung oil sludge? Nagtutong daw talaga.

The cost of repair/replacement is tantamount to changing the whole engine na din daw. Mas tatagal pa if makakita ng maayos na engine.

Honestly purely tiwala na lang kami sa pinsan ko and his mechanic. Trusted namin ito hopefully maayos nila.

Nag hanap sila kanina sa bulacan, nakakita sila sa pulilan nasa 75K.

They went straight to banawe may nakita nasa 55K kasama na alternator and ac compressor.

May issue ba dito sa rehistro? May dapat ba ayusin sa LTO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Repairable pa rin naman yan. May katagalan nga lang. Suggestion lang, repair na lang whole engine block parts, tapos palit bili nalang whole cylinder head assembly. On my idea lang to retain engine serial number, and no need to renew registration on change of engine in LTO. Suggestion lang.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    Repairable pa rin naman yan. May katagalan nga lang. Suggestion lang, repair na lang whole engine block parts, tapos palit bili nalang whole cylinder head assembly. On my idea lang to retain engine serial number, and no need to renew registration on change of engine in LTO. Suggestion lang.

Curious lang ako: if regular 5K change oil routine was done, this wouldn't have happened, no?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    When an engine runs out of oil, it will stall the engine from running and extreme heat inside the engine( combustion chamber) wil create pressure, to push it up the remaining oil sludge from the oil pan to the whole inside part of the engine. Oil pan is where the dirt, carbon or sludge of oil collected through filtered recirculated engine oil.

well, it does remind me of our frying pan, after cooking a delicious but particularly un-healthy slab of meat or tocino...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    That's horrible. Now I feel nervous about my Altis. Oil sludge in the engine has no signs ba? Couldn't they have detected that on the last oil change?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    That's horrible. Now I feel nervous about my Altis. Oil sludge in the engine has no signs ba? Couldn't they have detected that on the last oil change?
    Sluggish ride and poor FC are signs. Tsaka silipn lang with a flashlight yung sa engine oil cover makikita mo na if marumi makina. Dapat makinis mga tappets. Kung parang makapal oil, sludge na yun or papunta na dun.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Sluggish ride and poor FC are signs. Tsaka silipn lang with a flashlight yung sa engine oil cover makikita mo na if marumi makina. Dapat makinis mga tappets. Kung parang makapal oil, sludge na yun or papunta na dun.
    Thanks. I guess Toyota Altis owners should be extra careful then.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Thanks. I guess Toyota Altis owners should be extra careful then.
    Just make sure you change oil every 5,000kms or 6 months whichever comes first. Preferably semi-synthetic sana oil mo para mas matibay sa heat.

Tsaka make sure the technician checks the inside of the engine nga thru the engine oil cap everytime mag-change-oil.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based on the pictures, it is still repairable and personally, i would prefer that option instead of buying a surplus engine. at least kung total repaired na yan, bago na lahat yan, not unlike na surplus engine na hindi mo alam ang pwedeng maging condition soon. yes, it will work the first few months or years.

if you are planning to do an engine change, yes, may necessary requirements yan sa LTO.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kung sa kin, pa rebuild ko yan. Sayang 2004. Akin 2002 1.8G never naman nag sludge. Nasa gamit lang.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, it does remind me of our frying pan, after cooking a delicious but particularly un-healthy slab of meat or tocino...
    Just like what it looks on the picture of his cylinder head. Parang duon ka nagprito ng tocino. [emoji4]

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast