New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    question lang, bakit beyond repair? nabasag ba engine block?
    Good question.

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Update:

My cousin called us up, nasilip na nila.
    Beyond repair na daw ang engine, marepair man hindi rin tatagal.

They suggested replace engine na lang daw.

My questions:

Where in the world can we get a surplus engine for this altis na no issues with compatibilities.

Is this worth the replacement pa? Baka yung ipapalit is gulpi din.

How do surplus engine ended up of being sold? Refurbished then benta ulit?

Which I think is still a no-no.

Anyone knows who can hook us up finding a good one?

Lastly.

How much can you sell the car as is with no engine? [emoji23]

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Na pull down na ba nila ang engine sa car, at nabuksan to do some overhaul procedures that they come up to the point na nadesisyunan na nila ng ganun. Matrabaho lang sa isang mekaniko ang mag-overhaul, pero once an experience mechanic have done one, you will be competent to always have your car check to him.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    At least ask them to also get a 2nd opinion from another shop/mechanic capable of engine overhaul.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    baka what they meant was it is beyond their capability? ang problema , is papano ka kukuha ng 2nd opinion. gagastos talaga even for 2nd opinion since kelangan tow.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi guys. Update lang.

Pardon the "beyond repair" term i used. Actually i haven't seen the engine physically.

My dad saw it, gasgas daw talaga yung cylinder. Hindi pa nabuksan yung ilalim pero the mechanic is expecting worst.

Yan ba yung oil sludge? Nagtutong daw talaga.

The cost of repair/replacement is tantamount to changing the whole engine na din daw. Mas tatagal pa if makakita ng maayos na engine.

Honestly purely tiwala na lang kami sa pinsan ko and his mechanic. Trusted namin ito hopefully maayos nila.

Nag hanap sila kanina sa bulacan, nakakita sila sa pulilan nasa 75K.

They went straight to banawe may nakita nasa 55K kasama na alternator and ac compressor.

May issue ba dito sa rehistro? May dapat ba ayusin sa LTO?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi guys. Update lang.

Pardon the "beyond repair" term i used. Actually i haven't seen the engine physically.

My dad saw it, gasgas daw talaga yung cylinder. Hindi pa nabuksan yung ilalim pero the mechanic is expecting worst.

The cost of repair/replacement is tantamount to changing the whole engine na din daw. Mas tatagal pa if makakita ng maayos na engine.

Honestly purely tiwala na lang kami sa pinsan ko and his mechanic. Trusted namin ito hopefully maayos nila.

They went straight to banawe may nakita nasa 55K kasama na alternator and ac compressor.

if the spare engine has ownership papers, there should be no problem. the LTO has procedures for "change engine".

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hi guys. Update lang.

Not oil sludge, but fried and toasted engine oil in the cylinder head. Every expert mechanic knows and can tell what causes that.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rodetor View Post
    Not oil sludge, but fried and toasted engine oil in the cylinder head. Every expert mechanic knows and can tell what causes that.

please tell me, sir. i am not an expert mechanic. what causes that?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    please tell me, sir. i am not an expert mechanic. what causes that?
    Honestly dr. d: , I am not an expert nor a professional mechanic myself( just a novice). I had experience it once. What causes that, it runs out of recirculating engine oil, and the remaining engine oil(sludge), was heated up to the temperature of frying and toasting it up till dried.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    When an engine runs out of oil, it will stall the engine from running and extreme heat inside the engine( combustion chamber) wil create pressure, to push it up the remaining oil sludge from the oil pan to the whole inside part of the engine. Oil pan is where the dirt, carbon or sludge of oil collected through filtered recirculated engine oil.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast