New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Some of the Honda Club Phils' audio gurus have a digital voltmeter that plugs into the 12V cigarette lighter/power socket in the dashboard. Voltage is more critical to these people than most because they power loud audio systems.

I don't know where you can get those (Banawe is your best bet I think) but they say it'll cost not more than PhP500. I'll ask.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Update: PhP1200 pala yung plug-in voltmeter na kinukwento ko. You can get it at Team Car along Banawe cor. P. Florentino.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    merong ibat ibang rating ang car battery. votls, cranking amps,
    cold cranking amps, reserve capacity, amp hour etc. pero ang pinaka importante
    is volts and cranking amp. most of the time cranking amps ang bumababa kaya
    pag nasira yung battery nagtataka tayo kase gumagana pa yung ilaw, busina,radyo etc.
    kaya the best way is to have the battery checked at least twice a year ng tester na ma check
    yung volts and cranking amps.
    http://www.midtronics.com/search/sea...rytesters.aspx

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The battery of one of our vehicles was practically 'fried' recently because the regulator of its alternator broke down while I was driving, so it was putting something like 19V across the battery. The only manifestation is that the pilot lights on the dashboard were brighter and the radio was ouputing static.

So, I have to change it eventhough it is still reflecting something like 12.6V on the voltmeter....

5909:burn:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    great info guys

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

The battery of one of our vehicles was practically 'fried' recently because the regulator of its alternator broke down while I was driving, so it was putting something like 19V across the battery. The only manifestation is that the pilot lights on the dashboard were brighter and the radio was ouputing static.

So, I have to change it eventhough it is still reflecting something like 12.6V on the voltmeter....

5909:burn:
    buti hindi sumabog

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    start having it check pag tapos na yun warranty ng batt mo...saka usually hinde na mag start ang car pag overnight na ka park the next morning ayaw na...so more or less pag nasa 2 yrs na yun batt mo yun dead na yun

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    sa mga low maintenance ng battery, pag lagi mo bang nirerefill ng tubig mauubos pa din maski more than 2 years na?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yudyin View Post
    how would one know when to change tha battery of your car in a timely manner. i just dont want my battery to conk out on me while i'm out of the house...

tia everone
    From experience, an indication that the battery is dying is a flickering sound when starting the engine. When this happens have your battery replaced ASAP

HTH

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    my batteries read 13.8 volts but still it wont start my car. I have to rush a mechanic to my place and when the series a battery, it does start. Well, i bought a new battery and will keep the old one and have it charge. next time i know what to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
when to change batteries?