New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What is the Longest Life of your Battery?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • less than 2 yrs

4 4.55%
  • 2 years

20 22.73%
  • 3 years

20 22.73%
  • 4 years

23 26.14%
  • 5 yrs and over

21 23.86%
Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    No Jumpstarter kit & cable? No problem...
    Thor, the mechanic - 9GAG
    Be like Thor![emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    No Jumpstarter kit & cable? No problem...
    Thor, the mechanic - 9GAG
    Be like Thor![emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji13]

I just need someone to push my car I ALWAYS wait for my battery to die before I replace it.

My problem now is our office parking doesn't have enough distance for a push start PLUS nobody to help me push. I really want to see how long my 2013 battery will last (Mom offered to replace it but I want to see if it will go over 7 yrs)

What are the usual signs when a batt is about to die? My alarm is still working pa naman

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I just need someone to push my car I ALWAYS wait for my battery to die before I replace it.

My problem now is our office parking doesn't have enough distance for a push start PLUS nobody to help me push. I really want to see how long my 2013 battery will last (Mom offered to replace it but I want to see if it will go over 7 yrs)

What are the usual signs when a batt is about to die? My alarm is still working pa naman
    Push? So, you drive stick![emoji106]
    I'd always check batt health at the slightest hint. Delayed/weaker crank is amongst common signs. They can go w/o bidding bye....May I suggest getting a jumpstart kit, ma'am? You might be pushing your Indian luck too far just for longevity proof or data.[emoji4][emoji120]

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'd always check batt health at the slightest hint. Delayed/weaker crank is amongst common signs. They can go w/o bidding bye....May I suggest getting a jumpstart kit, ma'am? You might be pushing your Indian luck too far just for longevity proof or data.[emoji4][emoji120]

Yes, I love driving M/T

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    My original battery just died after not using the car for 4 days. I replaced it with amaron battery. It was about 3 years and couple of months old.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I guess this is the best bang4dbuck dirt-cheap-bargain battery-monitoring i've bought from HMR.

img2.jpg
    img1.jpg

7. Join Date
    Feb 2012

I always thought too Cath is driving an automatic transmission.

Anyway, for Cath you can buy a new battery and carry it in the car just in case. Just have the battery checked at your local friendly battery dealer (probably the same one where you bought your battery) at maybe 3 months interval if the other battery hasn't discharged yet. Just don't forget to bring the minimum tool to do the battery exchange. It can be just a single socket wrench or pliers.

A jump start kit is good but sometimes you may find the car is in a difficult location to do the process.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    going 7 years na? wag mo na hintayin mamatay... change it now.. para di ka na ma hassle..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    I always thought too Cath is driving an automatic transmission.

Anyway, for Cath you can buy a new battery and carry it in the car just in case. Just have the battery checked at your local friendly battery dealer (probably the same one where you bought your battery) at maybe 3 months interval if the other battery hasn't discharged yet. Just don't forget to bring the minimum tool to do the battery exchange. It can be just a single socket wrench or pliers.

A jump start kit is good but sometimes you may find the car is in a difficult location to do the process.
    I use my Gen 10 M/T as my coding car. My Gen 11 is my first A/T car. My Kuya and friend had a hard time convincing me to get A/T but I'm glad I gave in.

Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    going 7 years na? wag mo na hintayin mamatay... change it now.. para di ka na ma hassle..
    Yup going 7

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Yes, I love driving M/T
    Traffic forced me to admit this same love was a lie long ago.[emoji13]